Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FUEL

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

Fuel is an open-world racing game featuring 5,000-plus miles of open road and drastic weather like tornados and blizzards.

I can't believe this forum is so dead!? Fuel looks awesome

Thinktank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thinktank

Am I the only one who loved Dirt and Grid? Codemasters publish and develop some awesome semi-sim racing games and I would consider them the best at off-road racing, so why so little hype when the game is only a week away?

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Gizmo

Looks really interested, I need a demo though.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm skeptical of it being any good. I hope it's good, the concept is great, but Asobo don't exactly have the best record. They've mostly done crappy licensed games in the past, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

JustinHopewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By JustinHopewell

It is sad that more people don't seem that interested in this. I think the game looks great, but, like the others, I'm waiting for the reviews and trying not to get too excited. It's a pretty ambitious game.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By trophyhunter

its a racing game *sarcastic clapping*

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoelTGM

I think it looks awesome too, but there isn't much to talk about.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kohe321

Looks allright, but I'm not really that in need of another racer atm.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Dirt and Grid are great, but I'm not very keen on Fuel from what I've seen. Motorstorm and Pure are enough off-road madness for me.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By trophyhunter

wait wait wait I just found out its by codemasters one of the worst game companies ever
    the fine people that brought you Clive Barker's Jericho,Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
    yes the made overlord but thats just ok

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IceColdGamer
    trophyhunter said:
    wait wait wait I just found out its by codemasters one of the worst game companies ever the fine people ... [more]
    Clearly you haven't played GRID or DiRT
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By jkz
    IceColdGamer said:
    trophyhunter said: wait wait wait I just found out its by codemasters one of the worst game companies ever the ... [more]
    This man has a point
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By trophyhunter
    IceColdGamer said:
    trophyhunter said: wait wait wait I just found out its by codemasters one of the worst game companies ever the ... [more]
    well burnout is the only raceing game I find actually fun
    bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By bartholomew999

Codemasters knows racers.  This is a day one buy for me.  I'm more stoked for Fuel than I am for inFamous.

fourserioux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fourserioux

It looks interesting, and I'm definitely craving a good racer (especially off-road) so I've kept my eye on this.  I loved Dirt but wasn't a big fan of Grid, so I'm waiting to read some reviews and try a demo before diving in to this one.  My other concern is simply that, while the world is so enormous, it also seems like it's going to be rather lifeless which could lead to things just being a bit boring.

I'm hoping it will turn out well, but at the same time I'm concerned.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By handlas

I'm interested in this game as well...especially after watching a 10 minute gameplay vid of it on youtube.  Looks great.  Some things sound very kewl.  Obviously the huge open world to drive in, but also I think you can create your own races anywhere in the world.  Like set a path and then play it.  That sounds the most interesting to me.  Also the weather effects and the day and night cycle look kewl.

Thus far all I've heard is hate for this game from people.  Don't get it.  All the videos are very nice looking.  Graphically is looks excellent especially when you take into account how large the game is.  The lighting effects look very nice.  I only worry about how the vehicles feel and if the world is actually interesting to drive in.  The videos make me think it will be good but I'll remain skeptical based on the 2 reviews I've seen thus far.  One gave it an 8 out of 10 I believe.  Eurogamer gave it a 5 out of 10.  Never look at Eurogamer reviews to judge whether I should spend my money on a game or not but that score is pretty bad.

Hope it gets some good reviews from websites I look at.  Then I'll probably trade in some games for it.  I'm rather disappointed with Infamous.  Not that the game wasn't very fun.  But I beat it on good and evil and there is really nothing else to do.  Running around the city zapping npcs isn't much fun.  I'll probably trade it in already.  And I was rather disappointed that the good and evil endings were pretty much the exact same.  The whole moral choice thing was very under utilized and probably just a gimmicky selling point.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#16  Edited By EpicSteve

Jeff Gerstmann has said the game isn't great, so if you're interested, rent. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.