Full House Poker Spring Season - Achievements

#1 Posted by Sparklykiss (1965 posts) -

I haven't seen a thread for this elsewhere.

Do people still play this game? I was checking out True Achievements and saw they had an update stating that the Spring Season tournament was coming to an end. (May 24th, 2011.) I only bring this up because there are 3 achievements linked to participating in this content and if you don't earn them now, they'll be gone for good. Any GBers who have this game and do not have those achievements want to try and earn them before they're no longer attainable?

And how do you feel about DLC and games in general having achievements/trophies/rewards like this?
#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

If only I had the game!  D:

And achievements like this are crappy. Reminds me of the NBA Live situation where it was literally impossible to get an achievement because there would never be enough people online at the same time. People ended up coming together to get that one, but still.
#3 Posted by Sparklykiss (1965 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: Ugh, yeah. Luckily I don't have too many games like that. I'm very happy that I completed 1vs100 at least.

And at this rate, not sure if I'll ever complete Full House Poker. Guess I'll have to see.
#4 Posted by Trace (3556 posts) -

Unfortunately, these seasonal achievements are through playing the Texas Heat live show, which, if that date's true, has its final sets of times tomorrow. They're not always easy to attain in a short time period like that, unless you're a skilled poker player or experienced with the game (especially if you have to deal with AI, which is a little too common).

I don't necessarily like these sorts of achievements, but I understand what they're going for. What bothers me more is that I know I would have earned a gold medal back when Texas Heat was still glitching with its medal rankings, but since then I've been short on time and haven't jumped into as many games as I should have.

#5 Posted by Sparklykiss (1965 posts) -
@PsEG: Yep, saw that it had it's last times tomorrow. And also saw that it is possible to get those done in one sitting, but if they're still buggy/glitched, I may just say screw it at this point. I get what they're doing, I just wish I had noticed this sooner, it's pretty lame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.