Will Full House Poker Be 2011's Game Room?

Posted by PatPandaHat (115 posts) -

In the way an often-abused animal will flinch whenever a gesture with threatening implications is raised near it, I worry about the final "game" which will be released as part of the X-Box House Party 2011. On the face of it, there shouldn't be a problem, or at least none that wouldn't arise from the cavalcade of indie games being released with avatars and dubious value, but possibly just the implication that Full House Poker will involve both retro gaming (y'know, playing cards, the immoral scourge of 18th-century youths) and avatars with new and unique gestures makes me break out in cold sweats.

Nights of waking up screaming about the Sunset Riders that never came, of poorly-implemented paddlegames, of the Intellivision claiming a few dozen more souls in its wicked calculator-grasp. These are the things which race through my head as I consider Full House Poker.

Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps Full House Poker will be more like 1 vs. 100, its supposed "spiritual" predecessor. But I have to admit that some foul bitter creature, nestled deep in my heart, fears an Arcade poker selling me a Game Pack full of Bridge.

#1 Posted by PatPandaHat (115 posts) -

In the way an often-abused animal will flinch whenever a gesture with threatening implications is raised near it, I worry about the final "game" which will be released as part of the X-Box House Party 2011. On the face of it, there shouldn't be a problem, or at least none that wouldn't arise from the cavalcade of indie games being released with avatars and dubious value, but possibly just the implication that Full House Poker will involve both retro gaming (y'know, playing cards, the immoral scourge of 18th-century youths) and avatars with new and unique gestures makes me break out in cold sweats.

Nights of waking up screaming about the Sunset Riders that never came, of poorly-implemented paddlegames, of the Intellivision claiming a few dozen more souls in its wicked calculator-grasp. These are the things which race through my head as I consider Full House Poker.

Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps Full House Poker will be more like 1 vs. 100, its supposed "spiritual" predecessor. But I have to admit that some foul bitter creature, nestled deep in my heart, fears an Arcade poker selling me a Game Pack full of Bridge.

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

I don't see why you would think that. It's a poker game. It'll probably be fun, but everyone knows what it is already. It's safe.

#3 Edited by Skald (4370 posts) -

Dude, it's poker. Just poker.

#4 Posted by Weltal (2276 posts) -

I don't know whether to be disappointed or relieved that this isn't what I thought at first.

#5 Posted by Lukeweizer (2770 posts) -
@Weltal said:
" I don't know whether to be disappointed or relieved that this isn't what I thought at first.

"
Uncle Jesse looks like he has a Concussion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.