The Miiverse, Funky Barn and Giant Bomb.

#1 Posted by Dalai (6870 posts) -

So Funky Barn is one of those launch games that we all love to joke about and the people who populate the Miiverse know how awful this game probably is. It's become sort of the default troll community in the Miiverse.

And Giant Bomb has made its presence known. Jeff has the most yeahs on the Funky Barn board and a handful of people from Giant Bomb added some funk with classic Giant Bomb memes and drawings and more. So if you haven't checked out the Miiverse, go now and scroll down the Funky Barn board. It's spectacular.

It just makes the Wii U even better than I imagined.

#2 Posted by Hailinel (22675 posts) -

I'm not sure whether the people behind Funky Barn will laugh or cry at this.

#3 Posted by 71Ranchero (2574 posts) -

Im not sure how Funky Barn in "awful". It looked like a fairly well done simple-sim style farm game from what I saw on the live stream today. Hell, it looked fun.

Not fun enough to make me buy a WiiU but whatever, Im not in the demographic anyways. Would be nice if you could check out the Miiverse stuff from a pc though.

#4 Posted by Pudge (814 posts) -

@Atramentous said:

Im not sure how Funky Barn in "awful". It looked like a fairly well done simple-sim style farm game from what I saw on the live stream today. Hell, it looked fun.

Not fun enough to make me buy a WiiU but whatever, Im not in the demographic anyways. Would be nice if you could check out the Miiverse stuff from a pc though.

I was thinking that too, it seemed perfectly serviceable, and had a cool sense of humor. It reminded me of playing Sim City 2000 on school computers way back when. The only downside is that they're asking $50 for what really should have been something up on the e-Shop for $15 (current price of the 3DS version).

#5 Posted by 71Ranchero (2574 posts) -

@Pudge said:

@Atramentous said:

I was thinking that too, it seemed perfectly serviceable, and had a cool sense of humor. It reminded me of playing Sim City 2000 on school computers way back when. The only downside is that they're asking $50 for what really should have been something up on the e-Shop for $15 (current price of the 3DS version).

I think it looks like a "Keflings Lite" but I agree, 50 bones is way too much. If they end up doing a proper QL of this I hope they get Vinny in on it. Im curious what he would think of this game.

#6 Posted by dudeglove (7241 posts) -

#7 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

Does anyone know if that got archived?

#8 Posted by Terjay (791 posts) -

@Landon said:

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/341914882

#9 Edited by CptBedlam (4438 posts) -

I gotta say, if there's one thing that Nintendo got right with the WiiU, it's the Miiverse community. Looks awesome.

And as for Funky Barn... the game is not bad but while watching Jeff's stream I honestly thought it's a 10$ downloadable game from the WiiU store or something. 50$ for this is fucking ridiculous.

#10 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

@Terjay said:

@Landon said:

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/341914882

Thanks dude.

#11 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

What the funk? You got to be funking with me. Get the funk out of here.

#12 Posted by Sweep (8534 posts) -

@Claude said:

Funks given: 0

#13 Posted by bassman2112 (806 posts) -

@Sweep: Funktastic, yo.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (34573 posts) -

@Sweep said:

@Claude said:

You mean you don't give a flying funk? GO FUNK YOURSELF!

#15 Posted by Wacomole (811 posts) -

Uwe Boll is already on the phone to "Marky Mark" Wahlberg to play the farmer in the inevitable movie version.

From Funky Bunch to Funky Barn... it's the role he was born to play.

#16 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

FUNKIFY!

#17 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@dudeglove: Probably the biggest plot twist in recent video game history
#18 Posted by RazielCuts (2711 posts) -
#19 Posted by damswedon (3168 posts) -

I had to quit the stream when Jeff started rearranging the cow field because there was a serious chance I would of bought a Wii U.

#20 Posted by sirdesmond (1223 posts) -

I'm about 2 hours through the live steam and

Jeff just lost his original chicken!

Things only seem like they are going to go further off the rails after this recent turn of events.

While I can't say the game looks great, I would probably play it if it was a $10 download, just cus I love farming games like this (It's my love of Harvest Moon 64).

#21 Posted by MrMuscle (420 posts) -

They live stream made me order the game for my 3ds!

#22 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2385 posts) -

The game doesn't look great... but it's not like it's broken or anything.

Definitely not something I would play, even if it was a $10 download.

Anyway, yeah... that Miiverse stuff looks great, That and ZombiU is making me want to get a WiiU.

#23 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Sweep said:

@Claude said:

Oh funkin' bell. Too much bull spit in this funkin' thread. Funk off with this spit.

#24 Posted by Video_Game_King (34573 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Sweep said:

@Claude said:

Oh funkin' bell. Too much bull spit in this funkin' thread. Funk off with this spit.

Is this when we're all supposed to speak like Luke Cage?

#25 Posted by Sweep (8534 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: ....you mean you don't already?

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (34573 posts) -

@Sweep:

Funk no!

#27 Posted by crusader8463 (14300 posts) -

I don't get all the hate for this. I will admit those character sprites at the start were rather bad, but once the game opened up it looked like a fun little game. Should have been a $10-$15 downloadable and not a full priced game, but other wise it looks neat. I actually wish it would come to PC on the cheap. I have been dying for a nice simple Harvest Moon style game and none of the recent ones have done it for me. They all added too many stupid systems and too much of a grind.

#28 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4419 posts) -

It's Definitely got the Funkiest of Barns as far as I'm concerned.

#29 Posted by Veektarius (4129 posts) -

I only hope that the developers take the miiverse stuff in the spirit it was intended and produce a George Clinton DLC pack.

#30 Posted by kirklazarus (1 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDaLjuMKzYA

Ok - I got a 15 yr old son and an 8 yr old daughter - both now have the funk with Funky Barn. Viva Pinata, SimFarm, funky something. Only thing missing is more of a Plants vs. Zombies feel to the story line - but the UFOs and equipment come close. Its a good game - better than the CoD fans give it credit for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.