Wild speculation

#1 Posted by UnrulyRuffian (113 posts) -

I'm not sure how much we can derive from the short teaser trailer since a lot of it seemed cinematic rather than indicative of actual gameplay.

But, what do you guys think? 3rd person co-op game? (up to 4 players)

#2 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

I think it'll still be in first person, four player co-op. I wish they had just rebranded it as a new IP though. It's kind of a polar opposite of everything that Brothers in Arms has been, so people who just see the name are going to be really disappointed.

#3 Posted by UnrulyRuffian (113 posts) -

Yeah, seems like a strange direction to take that particular franchise. I suppose it's probably down to the struggle to get investment in brand new IP. Maybe nobody wants to take a gamble on something without a track record. Even if it is a massive departure from the previous games.

#4 Posted by ShockD (2381 posts) -

I think that they have totally ruined the good franchise.

#5 Edited by Creamypies (4012 posts) -
#6 Posted by buft (3298 posts) -

time will tell but wild speculation is my favorite type

#7 Posted by LOZZAT (252 posts) -
@creamypies said:

It'll be Borderlands in WWII.

This for sure, a combination of not-so-great Hell's Highway sales, good Borderlands sales, and a bad industry to try to tell authentic and respectful war stories in games in without having enough of a market to back it up, means that this is what Brothers In Arms has been killed off to be replaced with. I just wish they hadn't made it seem like we'd actually be getting another Brothers In Arms game.
Regardless of whether or not this game will be good, Gearbox has made many fans of the series bitter I fear (myself included).
#8 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

I wish it was just a new ip. But does anyone else think its weird how close this and Insomniac's new game Over Strike looks? Both being over the top funny 4 player coop games? O well since Borderlands and next Duke Nukem I'll gladly be grabbin at this.  

On a side note imagine if this was a 4 player coop Duke game! However I guess the other 3 would be Duke in different costumes.. 

#9 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6788 posts) -

I'm guessing (and honestly hoping) it'll be Left 4 Dead except with Nazis and more of a story and structured campaign and the 4 dudes have unique abilities/weapons.  I like Hells Highway, but the other Brothers in Arms games have not been much fun for me, so I don't mind the departure (but understand those who do and kind of feel bad for big fans of the franchise - DmC being made by Ninja Theory broke my heart ): ) 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.