Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fuse

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released May 28, 2013

Insomniac's first multiplatform game tells the story of OverStrike 9, a band of special-agent misfits working together to thwart a threat to mankind.

Radio Silence Since E3?

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Stahlbrand

They had a cute and colourful pre-rendered teaser of this at E3 - since then I haven't heard a peep about Overstrike.

Insomniac is supposedly making it, and their last project, Resistance 3, shipped back in September. It was supposed to be their first post-console-exclusive-deal game, but they've made no noise about it as far as I can tell.

Anybody hear anything about OverStrike, or what is going on at Insomniac in the last few months?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

I bet this game isn't released in 2012.

Sawboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sawboss

I expect at E3 we will actually see what the game plays like rather than just a CG trailer. I do not believe this is a confirmed 2012 game, so we got some time before they start showing it off. Also keep in mind this is an EA's partners game, which let's be honest, EA doesn't always throw its weight behind the games in this program.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DeF

isn't that how things always go?

CG trailer -> long silence -> media blowout -> (demo) -> release

(insert various random delays at will)

20ozmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By 20ozmonkey

Last night I realized that this had completely disappeared since last year and it seems like this isn't showing at this year's E3...

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Barrock

@20ozmonkey said:

Last night I realized that this had completely disappeared since last year and it seems like this isn't showing at this year's E3...

Yup. Super weird. Where did it go?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BisonHero

Wow, yeah, nice catch. On a related note, Brothers in Arms: Furious 4 is almost certainly cancelled, or massively delayed due to Gearbox focusing on two other games coming out much sooner that will also generate much more revenue. It's actually pretty weird that they even bothered to announce Furious 4 last year, when they had so much other shit going on.

While we're at it, does anybody know if Fortnite has even a small presence at E3? I guess the reveal wasn't that long ago, but I'd like to know more about that game if possible.

joshura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By joshura

We've only ever seen CG of this game, haven't we? If they haven't shown more, does that mean there's not gameplay ready enough for the public? Are we looking at a near-certain 2013 slip?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.