Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 30, 2008

Take a literal star destroyer out for a spin around the galaxy in Twilight of the Arnor, the second and final expansion pack for Galactic Civilizations II.

Galactic Civilizations II -- Tough but fair?

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

Edited By Grim_Fandango

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I never thought I'd live to see the day that a turn-based game could be so punishing on normal as with this game. Perhaps its just me because I play more real-time than anything, but surely there must be a good way for me to train up a bit--or a strategy I could use to help me get a good hand in with the game. I tried sub-normal and still getting hammered (I could never handle the industrial output of many planets), culturally and militaristically. I haven't given up on the game, it is still hell of a lot of fun to play, but losing planet after planet makes the game a little punishing as I'm usually stuck with just one planet (home planet), and fifteen minutes in I lose it because of invading parties ripping my fleet apart. Well, I should start writing something--that concludes my frustrations with the game. 

--- Stargazer AKA Grim_Fandango.

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Grim_Fandango

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I never thought I'd live to see the day that a turn-based game could be so punishing on normal as with this game. Perhaps its just me because I play more real-time than anything, but surely there must be a good way for me to train up a bit--or a strategy I could use to help me get a good hand in with the game. I tried sub-normal and still getting hammered (I could never handle the industrial output of many planets), culturally and militaristically. I haven't given up on the game, it is still hell of a lot of fun to play, but losing planet after planet makes the game a little punishing as I'm usually stuck with just one planet (home planet), and fifteen minutes in I lose it because of invading parties ripping my fleet apart. Well, I should start writing something--that concludes my frustrations with the game. 

--- Stargazer AKA Grim_Fandango.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.