Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Galactic Civilizations II

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 21, 2006

Galactic Civilizations II is a highly regarded 4X strategy game which mixes elements from the Master of Orion and Civilization franchises with several of its own unique innovations.

Opinions: Galactic Civilizations 2, is it worth it?

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Grim_Fandango

It looks fantastic but, I hesitated because I heard it took lots of time to resolve one game, a con that plagued Sins of a Solar Empire when it was released, but is this allegation true or not?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

It takes weeks to finish a game, and you'll enjoy every second. Get the expansions, too, they make it an entirely different game. Be sure to equip yourself with snacks and mountain dew, though, you won't want to leave. GalCiv is great.

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Grim_Fandango

Thanks, quick question, did the new expansion come out? Think its endless universe.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Zurv

Should one play the basic game first or install the addons right away? 
    I heard really good things about Twilight of Arnor... if i jumped right to that will it assume i already know how to play? 

Thanks
    Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Moztacular

I'd say go with all the add-ons. The game is amazing and no one really cares about the campaigns compared to just playing the core game and generating a random galaxy. To answer the initial post, you can set the galaxy size to be relatively tiny so games can take a few hours at minimum but you can also make massive galaxies that will take many, many play sessions to complete. It'll be fun no matter what it's a sweet game that I wish I had more time to play.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Zurv

i'm going to assume the first game will teach me how to play - but i'm going to also assume game play changed with each addon... is there a training thingy in twilight?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.