Is this good and why did I only just find out about it?

#1 Posted by damswedon (3173 posts) -

I actually find it kinda crazy that Namco-Bandai released another DX game that I've heard nothing about.

Hell if I wasn't going to buy Half Minute Hero this week I wouldn't know about it.

#2 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

I'm hoping it ends up being great like Pac-Man DX, but I'm also gonna wait for a sale cause I burned through Pac-Man pretty quick.  

Picked up HMH myself this morning, weird little game, fun, and the mulitplayer is pretty crazy.

#3 Posted by bwheeeler (418 posts) -

I thought the original Legions was fantastic, and this one looks like an improved version of that. For some reason, these games get nowhere near the press that the Pac-Man games got.

#4 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

I just downloaded the demo and it's FUCKING CRAZY. I'm intending to buy the full game, pretty sure. I'm absolutely baffled as to how they managed this again.

#5 Posted by grizzly311 (7 posts) -

I spent most of last night playing this game. It is ridiculously fun. I absolutely loved Pacman DX and this is right up there with it. Immensely satisfying, and well worth the 800 points.  

#6 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Bought it last night, crazy fun but a little too easy, getting all achievements took only a few hours but if you're on the hunt for some crazy score hunting this game is awesome.

#7 Posted by GiffTor (10 posts) -

@Vegsen - It is pretty easy, even on "Hard," but I think you have to have the old-school high-score mindset (like you said); it's not just about playing the game to beat it, it's about trying to get higher and higher scores for bragging rights. Anyway, @damsweldon, It's great, but my EIC had to text me to let me know about it and I'm a Galaga junkie from way back!

#8 Posted by galloughs (187 posts) -

I only just found out about this game today, while combing through some old quick looks while I'm coding. I just wanna say, if this was available for PC I would pay ANY NUMBER OF DOLLARS IMAGINABLE to play it, it looks AWESOME.

#9 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

I enjoyed it pretty well, but I never felt compelled to score chase in quite the same I did with Pac Man CE DX (which was an obsession for a while). Still, it's certainly worth checking out -- there are far worse ways to spend your money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.