Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Boy Advance

Platform »

The third platform in the Game Boy line, the Game Boy Advance was offered in a multitude of colors and had three hardware offerings, the sideways Game Boy Advance, the flip Game Boy Advance SP and the tiny Game Boy Advance Micro.

A Very GBA Christmas.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

Edited By Captainlunchbox

I got a bunch of GBA games for Christmas while visiting family in Michigan these past few weeks. I figured it'd be rude to lug my PS3 over, so the GBA was a natural choice. I recently picked up Golden Sun and FFVI Advance and then added these gems to my collection: 

Street Fighter Alpha 3 
    Advance Wars 
    Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising 
    Riviera: The Promised Land 
    Wario Land 4 
    Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 
    Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga 

And in addition to that, I also bought a Game Boy Micro. 

Now if I could just find Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis, WarioWare, Rhythm Tengoku, Metal Slug Advance, and Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.  Also, <strike>Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2</strike>   

Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Captainlunchbox

I got a bunch of GBA games for Christmas while visiting family in Michigan these past few weeks. I figured it'd be rude to lug my PS3 over, so the GBA was a natural choice. I recently picked up Golden Sun and FFVI Advance and then added these gems to my collection: 

Street Fighter Alpha 3 
    Advance Wars 
    Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising 
    Riviera: The Promised Land 
    Wario Land 4 
    Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 
    Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga 

And in addition to that, I also bought a Game Boy Micro. 

Now if I could just find Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis, WarioWare, Rhythm Tengoku, Metal Slug Advance, and Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.  Also, <strike>Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2</strike>   

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Greetings, from the future! Nintendo released this touch screen device called the Nintendo DS!
     Greetings, from the future! Nintendo released this touch screen device called the Nintendo DS!
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus
    @TheMustacheHero: If I'm playing GBA games exclusively for some reason, I'm playing them on a GBA also. It's smaller and lighter, and doesn't have that extra usless screen. I would argue that the GBA had a better selection of games than the DS, but that's a matter of opinion.

Those are all quality titles man, well, except for Riviera, never heard of that one. I was traveling from New Zealand to California a few years ago, and my bag containing my GBA and my 14 games was stolen :-(
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Captainlunchbox

Hmmm, here in the past, I predict unnecessary re-designs and semi-outrageous pricing, along with trivially updated versions of the games I have now, i.e. "Got Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow? How about a marginally improved sequel on 2 screens for triple the price!"  

Yawn. 

There is a certain thrill to be had in looking for games on a console that isn't made anymore. Try it. It's addicitive.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @TooWalrus: I know, the whole thing was a joke.

I was thinking it was weird that he still is playing GBA when most of the community has moved on.
    I'm not saying the GBA was bad by any means, I played the heck outta mine, but I just thought it was funny.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By breadfan

Advance Wars was my favorite Game Boy Advance game.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By unsolvedparadox

This is a super late reply, but I think that's pretty awesome. Retro gaming forever!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.