Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Dev Story

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 09, 1997

A game company simulation game for iPhone OS, Android, and PC by Japanese studio Kairosoft.

Any tips to win GOTY? (topic is 5+ years old)

overbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By overbyte

Okay, I'm at Year 17, pumping out games that get 39's and 40's, have my own console at 31% market share, spammed Lunar Writing, and selling around 30 mil+ copies per game.

And I still only win trophies for all other categories except GOTY and worst game.

Do I need a string of perfect 40's to up my chances? I swear that thing is rigged. Pumping the game's Fun to 300 seems to trigger a stupid blackout or equipment failure that shaves off around 25% of the game's stats. Gah.

I've searched the net and it seems the only surefire way to get GOTY is to unlock the "Game Co." genre, bummer.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#2  Edited By sammo21

so how did you pull this off?  Did you just play several games through completion to carry over leveled up stuff?  

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By regmcfly

That's what I've done.  I've had a 39, and games selling over 40 million, however still never had GOTY. This is despite me having won all three categories on the others, and having my creativity and fun at 200+. as well as graphics and sound at 150+. 

Grrrrrrrrrrraaaaahhhhhh.....

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#4  Edited By sammo21

I was going to say, I am play through 2 and still am only getting 7s at the most, but scores are mostly low...I wish money carried over, lol

GozerTC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By GozerTC

I didn't know there was more playthroughs. :)  

I'm in the same boat.  Winning everything but  GOTY.  Buggers.  
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

I've won GOTY, and the game didn't even review as good as some of my other titles. Got like 37-38 or so, and it was the 4th sequel to my Robot-Shooter series, Vanquished.

TheMailToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TheMailToad

I got GOTY from my sequel to my action hunting game Bear Puncher. Maybe it has to be a sequel? Also Bear Puncher got a 37.

mikular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mikular

I have a feeling it's luck of the draw, or timed, at least an element anyways, as there's a separate screen before it's announced with the "What's this?", where it continues to scroll through the names. Otherwise, I'm having the same problems as you guys.

overbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By overbyte
    @TheMailToad said:
    " I got GOTY from my sequel to my action hunting game Bear Puncher. Maybe it has to be a sequel? Also Bear Puncher got a 37. "
    I haven't played much now due to work, but I recall I've done at least 4 sequels to my war shooter series "Duty and Honor" (wink wink). The game has 200+ stats in everything, scores of 39-40, around 800-900 fans selling at 42 million+ and still no GOTY. Guess I should stop worrying and start acting like Kotick who just rakes in the money :)
    SamJ753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SamJ753

I won the Global Game Award on my 24th year and i released 4 games that year.. All 35+ rating and sold more then 10mil units, i won all the prizes except worst game :P

Combination that won the global game award was historical, action game.. I'm not sure but i thought the fun was around 200 - 250 and the rest around 100 to 150.. After that i developed a console and after that i released 3 games a year and won global game award like 7 times in a row.. I'm on my 34th year now or something. I hope this helped :)

Oh and i also had like 3000 fans :p

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.