Want to Play a PC version?

#1 Posted by Inzzy (106 posts) -

Drecom Co., Ltd worked with KairoSoft to bring you this game to the PC, the only downside..You will need a Facebook account. 
When I heard the GB guys talk about this game on one of the bombcasts i could not help and raise and eyebrow and think "Wait, this game sounds like something that I have played before", and now after seeing screenshots of it i know why. 
The Facebook game has been out for a few months now, still in Alpha stage but if you want it on the PC and you got a Facebook account then here is your chance.  
Game Studio Story - FB Link

#2 Posted by takua108 (1478 posts) -

Thanks for the link, gonna check that out ASAP. My iPod touch broke months ago and, since hearing about this game, I've considered getting a new one, but this will save be about $250 :D

#3 Posted by Tebbit (4460 posts) -

This game is worth the cost of playing a game on Facebook.

#4 Posted by TwoLines (2794 posts) -

You have to hire friends to be able to make games. I hate games that do that. Screw this.

#5 Posted by Tebbit (4460 posts) -
@TwoLines said:
" You have to hire friends to be able to make games. I hate games that do that. Screw this. "
Yeah, discovered that a minute ago. Also the translation is awful. Or rather, not great.
#6 Posted by armaan8014 (5378 posts) -

thanks

#7 Posted by armaan8014 (5378 posts) -
@Tebbit said:
" @TwoLines said:
" You have to hire friends to be able to make games. I hate games that do that. Screw this. "
Yeah, discovered that a minute ago. Also the translation is awful. Or rather, not great. "
crap. forget it then
#8 Posted by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

The graphics in this version voids any charm the original would have. :\ 

#9 Posted by Nettacki (1317 posts) -
@Tebbit said:
" @TwoLines said:
Yeah, discovered that a minute ago. Also the translation is awful. Or rather, not great. "
Well it IS in alpha. And they're still receiving feedback I guess...
#10 Edited by Driadon (2997 posts) -

Good news so far: the "Friends" you seem to recruit seems to only take their likeness and that's it. You can tell it not to say anything stupid on their wall. 
Edit: Nevermind. Yeah, it seems they REALLY Facebook-d this version. One of the reasons why the original is so damn addictive is because things are constantly going and you always want to make that next project.

#11 Posted by Nettacki (1317 posts) -
@Driadon said:
" Good news so far: the "Friends" you seem to recruit seems to only take their likeness and that's it. You can tell it not to say anything stupid on their wall. Edit: Nevermind. Yeah, it seems they REALLY Facebook-d this version. One of the reasons why the original is so damn addictive is because things are constantly going and you always want to make that next project. "
Maybe we can make a suggestion that the processes go much faster? Like, maybe 1/2 the rate the iPhone game is going (say, if it takes 1 minute in real time to make a game, it should take 2 on the FB version.)
#12 Posted by Pingu44 (95 posts) -

So, I've got (as we speak) the #24 game on the leaderboard at the moment. I *may* have stolen the name for my company a little.

#13 Posted by sp1der1976 (59 posts) -
@Inzzy:  

Thank you thank you thank you for telling us about this game.   

I was  quite upset I couldn't play this game as I don't have an IP nor speak Japanese. 
#14 Posted by overbyte (86 posts) -

Wow that was fast. I finally turned on Platform for this thing.
First thing I noticed was the music. Yup, this IS the Facebook version of Game Dev Story 

Spamming friend's walls now :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.