Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Dev Tycoon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 29, 2013

A Game development tycoon game developed by Greenheart Games.

We need a Quick Look of this game

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Fearbeard

I would love to see a Ryan or Patrick lead Quick Look of this game with Vinny in the side seat.

While at first glance it seems like a complete rip-off of Game Dev Story it's actually significantly more complex then that game and holds up for much longer then Game Dev Story does.

It has been Greenlit in Steam so it should be coming to that platform soon but it has been available for a little while now through other online stores. Here's hoping we'll see one when it's out on Steam at the very least.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

It would probably be a worthwhile QL. I don't think I would endorse it personally, because it is quite flagrant in its borrowing of GDS's gameplay, but I'm not the one in charge.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@wemibelec90: No one would agree with you more then the developers themselves. From my understanding it was made by people who loved Game Dev Story but wanted something with a lot more depth which fits the definition of this game perfectly. Anyone who thinks, well I've played Game Dev Story so I've seen all Game Dev Tycoon has to offer is sorely mistaken.

Seeing Vinny in a quick look of this game would be absolutely hilarious I'm sure.

I've been enjoying watching YOGSCAST sips's playthrough on youtube for those curious about the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJbewK3n4ew

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By alternate

No they don't. I have "finished" it twice and conclude that the game is junk. The whole system where review scores are not based on how good your game is but how consisent it is with previous releases left me confused and annoyed during the first play through and - after reading up on the systems and learning how the game expects you to set the sliders for each genre - laughably easy and tedious during the second play through as - should you play it according to the games strict rules - nothing you do really matters and 9+ review scores are given every time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.