Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Gear

Platform »

Sega's first hand held video game system. It was the portable version of the Master System.

Bought a (new) handheld today :-D

Stefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 27

Edited By Stefan

Yeah I finally did it, 
    though I have been thinking about extending my collection to include more handhelds I just never felt the same need to do so, like I do with home consoles. However over the past few days symptoms of intense collector's decease surfaced and I had to act fast. Which of cause means that I bought a handheld console, a SEGA Game Gear to be precise including three games:  http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220643658597&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1154 
    Columns, Sonic 1 and Castle of Illusion look kinda neat but of cause there have got to be more great Game Gear games. So now I am thinking about getting Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Panzer Dragoon Mini, Mortal Kombat 3, Doctor Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Outrun, Space Harrier and Micro Machines. I haven't played any of these games on Game Gear yet, to be honest I only played Sonic the Hedgehog once on a friend's Game Gear so I am not sure if this really is a good selection so I would like to rely on the Giant Bomb community with this one. What should I get for my Game Gear, what do you think about the games I listed?

Stefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Stefan

Yeah I finally did it, 
    though I have been thinking about extending my collection to include more handhelds I just never felt the same need to do so, like I do with home consoles. However over the past few days symptoms of intense collector's decease surfaced and I had to act fast. Which of cause means that I bought a handheld console, a SEGA Game Gear to be precise including three games:  http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220643658597&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1154 
    Columns, Sonic 1 and Castle of Illusion look kinda neat but of cause there have got to be more great Game Gear games. So now I am thinking about getting Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Panzer Dragoon Mini, Mortal Kombat 3, Doctor Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Outrun, Space Harrier and Micro Machines. I haven't played any of these games on Game Gear yet, to be honest I only played Sonic the Hedgehog once on a friend's Game Gear so I am not sure if this really is a good selection so I would like to rely on the Giant Bomb community with this one. What should I get for my Game Gear, what do you think about the games I listed?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

Has the regret set in yet?

I remember having a Game Gear back in the day, but I don't remember what I ever played on it.  Sorry.

Stefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Stefan
    @Spoonman671: Since I bought it for 25 bucks boxed with three games there isn't much to regret, I could always sell it again at a higher price (sure, as if that will happen ^^)
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FunExplosions

I hope you bought a lot of batteries.

Stefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stefan
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By c1337us
    @Stefan said:
    " @Spoonman671: Since I bought it for 25 bucks boxed with three games there isn't much to regret, I could always sell it again at a higher price (sure, as if that will happen ^^) "
    For 25 bucks it would be more expensive not to buy it right :-P
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FunExplosions

Pretty heavy, but that's not the problem you'll face, as the batteries will run out long before your arms have the chance to get tired. It's a shame, there's a few great games for the Game Gear, but I never beat a single one of them because of my 6 fucking batteries constantly dying. Sonic Chaos remains unbeaten.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By kevinski

You should get both Shinobi games for Game Gear. They're two of the best games on the console. Also, if you'd like another Shinobi-esque game, then try Batman Returns. It'd might as well be a Shinobi game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.