Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Genie

Accessory »

The Game Genie is an accessory for several platforms that facilitates the hacking and activation of otherwise inaccessible cheats and content.

I miss my Game Genie

TimedExposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By TimedExposure

Does anyone remember the game genie for the NES!? God that thing was so much fun, on top of that it felt so great to stick it in the console and then get to stick a cartridge into that.  In my own personal opinion there is not much better in life then the plugging in of cartridge based games.  Something about the sound, feel, and look that is just plain sexy.  Some of you at this point might be thinking I have a cartridge fetish, or perhaps inappropriately touched when I was a child by a cartridge game and thus have an unwieldy affection to them, but this is not the case.  Unless of course it is a repressed memory that I have yet to unravel, then by all means I accept that I'm just a messed up individual.

I digress, whether it be NES, sNES, Sega, or on a smaller scale Gameboy, or my my favorite the GameGear.  Speaking of which Sega, please make another handheld.  You have plenty of IP's to use on it for a good release.  Back to the Game Genie, I don't remember if they made anything after it for another console, but they should've.  I'm not talking about the Gameshark 'cuz I could care less about that.  I want a Game Genie for my PS3 or 360, and it better not be some nice small download either.  I want a big old bulky adapter which you have to stick right on top of your disc drive and painfully takes up all of your entertainments centers space.  Something where when you lay on your couch you can't see a quarter of you screen 'cuz the Genie sticks up far enough to block out the TV.  I'll be waiting.

TimedExposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TimedExposure

Does anyone remember the game genie for the NES!? God that thing was so much fun, on top of that it felt so great to stick it in the console and then get to stick a cartridge into that.  In my own personal opinion there is not much better in life then the plugging in of cartridge based games.  Something about the sound, feel, and look that is just plain sexy.  Some of you at this point might be thinking I have a cartridge fetish, or perhaps inappropriately touched when I was a child by a cartridge game and thus have an unwieldy affection to them, but this is not the case.  Unless of course it is a repressed memory that I have yet to unravel, then by all means I accept that I'm just a messed up individual.

I digress, whether it be NES, sNES, Sega, or on a smaller scale Gameboy, or my my favorite the GameGear.  Speaking of which Sega, please make another handheld.  You have plenty of IP's to use on it for a good release.  Back to the Game Genie, I don't remember if they made anything after it for another console, but they should've.  I'm not talking about the Gameshark 'cuz I could care less about that.  I want a Game Genie for my PS3 or 360, and it better not be some nice small download either.  I want a big old bulky adapter which you have to stick right on top of your disc drive and painfully takes up all of your entertainments centers space.  Something where when you lay on your couch you can't see a quarter of you screen 'cuz the Genie sticks up far enough to block out the TV.  I'll be waiting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.