Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Jam

Concept »

A Game Jam is a gathering of game developers from various disciplines (Programmers, Artists, Audio Engineers, Writers, et cetera) to develop a game in a short period of time.

HARDWIRED - Hack With A Hook Shot, And Don't Get Shot

Dain22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Dain22
    No Caption Provided

HARDWIRED is our team's entry for the CyberPunkJam. It's First-Person game where you use a Hook Shot to navigate the world and collect Data Nodes. The thing to keep in mind is that, while what you see around you is a virtual world, you can still hear authorities moving from room to room trying to find your real-world location. Using your Panic Button, you can freeze the simulation to hide and move to a different room. Mind you, your real-world location is changed for you - you never actually leave the view of cyberspace. There is also a count-down timer, but time is extended if you collect a data node. If the timer runs out, your collection of data nodes is reset to zero. If the authorities find you and you don't hide, you get shot.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

My contribution to this game consisted of the sound effects. My background is primarily in music, so this was the first time I've ever tried making sound effects. It was a really fun challenge! I was lucky to have a diverse sound library on hand to draw from, but the real fun was trying to make things sound "digital" and "in-human" for the world of cyberspace. It was a good excuse to try out some glitchy sounding plug-ins!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Please check it out and let me know what you think. I'm really impressed with what the team was able to achieve in the context of a GameJam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.