Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 02, 2014

Based on the epic-fantasy television series of the same name, Game of Thrones is an episodic adventure game that tells the story of House Forrester, whose fate is threatened by the War of the Five Kings.

Episode Six Endings (Spoiler talk)

MoonrakerB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Finished up last night, how did everyone's ending go and was it satisfying to you?

I am not sure if I like the final episode just yet - but it did feel like there can be multiple outcomes here. In my game, Mira lost her head, Garret is marching south and Asher is near death and found by the family out in the wilderness.

I dont think I was expecting things to turn out super great, but I was not expecting a cliffhanger like that.

Thoughts?

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

That's exactly how mine ended. Really curious to see how many other outcomes there are.

Jabbawocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 16

In my game Mira agreed to marry Lord whats-his-face in order to survive but Tom lost his head for the betrayal. Asher is near death with Royland and Talia accompanying him. Garret will defend the North Grove.

I was kind of hoping that I would at least get to kill Gryff but since there was no option am I right in guessing there will be a Season 2 at some point?

paperfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jabbawocky: I was able to kill Gryff but I couldn't kill Lord Whitehill

Jabbawocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paperfury: Ah there we go then, I managed to poison Lord Whitehill (albeit at the cost of Lady Forrester).

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Even though I planned to poison Whitehill I didn't let Lady Forrester drink it first so it all went to hell, Gryff got skewered at least. But then dear old mom went and got herself killed in the ensuing battle anyway so I should have let drink it I guess.

I think I really fucked up with Mira (throughout the whole series), she ended up losing her head because I didn't want to marry that asshat and see the coal boy get killed after he risked so much for me.

I had Gared stay in the grove because they've made such a big deal about not losing the grove and whatnot plus Ironwrath was already lost, steered clear of the blood magic though.

I wanted this story to wrap up but it started to sink in toward the end that this is going to take multiple seasons, I just don't know if I want to play any more. I can't imagine Mira will have much of an impact on season 2 (if there is one) since half the people playing got her killed.

Mepsipax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I installed Windows 10 between episode 5 and 6 and lost my saves and/or choices (don't know why they weren't in the steam cloud). I could still play episode 6 but that meant the game generated choices for me, so Asher was alive despite having died in my playthrough of ep.5, which kinda ruined the impact of the story for me. I'm considering replaying the entire season but that would take like 12 hours.

Anyway, these were my endgame choices; Mira is marrying Rickard Morgryn, Gared is protecting the North Grove (did not use Cotter for blood magic), and Asher was half dead when found by Royland and Talia.

Did anyone agree to marry Asher to Gwyn? I was wondering if that changed the outcome of the story (I doubt it).

aerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I called off the plot and tried to end it amicably.

Then Lady Forrester attacked Lord Whitehill and it all went to shit. I murdered gryff and lord whitehill escaped.

Asher was found barely alive by Gwyn and Talia. Plus the kid escaped with Asher's Friend.

So there's a couple of different ways. Apparently you can sneak out to the camp with the other brother as another option.

mets343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya I was hoping for the story to be finished up. Not sure how I feel about the cliffhanger ending. Tales from the borderlands seemed like a much better experience to me because it was a full story.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garred is marching south, Mira lost her head and Asher is barely alive, the little brother rode off with Beksha. Did anybody save Rodrick? Is it even possible to save Ironrath?

Was not expecting so many cliffhangers.

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think about it, Mira's story had literally zero impact on the main plot in all of 6 episodes. Every one of her choice was restricted to within King's Landing (the only one that MIGHT have an impact was the one where the Whitehill's army was reduced in size, but surprise! The Whitehills still win either way).

Then she either ends up dead or a slave. Great.

It was so obvious that this entire season was meant to work towards Season 2, which is ridiculous.

Not to mention the long waits between episodes. What was it between 5 and 6? 4 months? Last time I ever buy a TellTale game before all episodes are released and on sale.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up with Mira married, Garred staying at the North Grove and Rodrick being rescued by Talia and Royland (Who had been the traitor). Did anyone choose to execute the traitor. I wondered if the sentinel then was the one meeting you with Talia afterwards.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I executed Royland. It was the other sentinel who saved me when Whitehill's army breached the gate. However my lord was Asher.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OMGFather

Got the exact same ending. A cliffhanger was the last thing I wanted, but that matches my disappointment for the entire game really. I was hoping they would do a season 2 with a fresh new set of characters, none of the Forresters, Whitehills and Boltons (just Ramsay I guess but with his annoying plot armor) have really clicked with me.

Jabbawocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to share some people's disappointment with the cliffhangers too. It's not that I wouldn't mind a Season 2 it's just that it doesn't really matter what you got as the story will reign you in and put you n the course it wants you to take.

This means Season 2 will marginalise or kill (on or offscreen) pretty much most of the characters in the game that could possibly be dead in someone elses game. This means no playing as Asher, Roderick or Mira. Garrett would most likely return but your choice to stay or march will not matter.

I imagine the playable characters will be Garrett, Beskha and someone to take Mira's place in the whole political intrgue part of the story (maybe Sera but most likely someone new).

Avatar image for gold_skulltulla
    Gold_Skulltulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

For anyone who had Rodrick in this episode, does his path always involve sneaking into the camp, or is there an option to invite the Whitehills in and ambush/poison them? I had Asher in my playthrough and just assumed Rodrick would have some more diplomatic solutions, though it seems the Whitehills are much more antagonistic if Rodrick survives instead of Asher.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'm mildly irritated that Mira served mostly as a means to shoehorn in appearances from some of the more popular TV show characters. I had Rodrick ambush the Whitehills, killed Gryff, saved the little brother, and Garrett is riding down to save mankind or some such bullshit. There's no way the programmers can create meaningful scenarios in a theoretical season two for all these choices, so I suspect if they bring in these same characters, they'll be for a brief time in the second season until all of them are slaughtered in the usual shocking-but-unnecessary Game of Thrones ways.

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THE_RUCKUS

I lost save after finishing episode 5 because of the save bug, But reading all these comments made me glad that I didn't spend several hours replaying the game.

After watching YouTube clips of the ending, Kind of a bummer that this episode is just a cliffhanger, I would of liked to have seen them finish the story with foresters and move onto a new family with a different perspective.

I really enjoyed previous episodes, I am a bit disappointed, especially when I was willing to look past bad performance of games and save destroying bugs to play it. I don't I think I will purchase the second season now, and that saddens me.

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

Rodrik gave his life saving Asher ultimately for Asher to fail at the vengence I'd been craving since episode 1! I went with the ambush, I promised Gwyn I'd keep her family safe and then attacked anyway (they had it coming). Gryff got wrecked, but as soon as we got outside for another stab happy fight scene (much like Rodrik's) I knew that I'd never get what I wanted out of this game (Asher getting his revenge). Tuttle stayed in the Grove, and Mira (depressingly) lost her head.

Overall I felt Telltale's need to constantly create drama through character failings and character deaths made this an incredibly depressing game over all. I could understand the failures for the 'first half' of the series, but to see it continue all the way through to the end was depressing as hell and failed to present us with any sense of 'winning' - I know, I know, Game of Thrones is general like that, but it still stung to constantly watch every play and plan fail! It makes me question if I'd even be interested in a series 2.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@the_ruckus: I had a save bug in-between every episode of The Walking Dead season 1, weird that they haven't fixed it yet.

I thought the last episode was probably the best one so far, but it was still lacking some closure because of how obviously they want to continue it for a new season. If they come back for a new season I'll probably check it out.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would have been an amazing season if they had wrapped everything up. I don't even have a problem with the way it ended except for the fact that I know it's impossible for them to continue the story next season. There are way too many central characters that could be alive or dead. So unless they go crazy with season 2 and really create multiple games, every story except Gared's is probably finished. Loved Mira's stuff, loved the Forrester stuff, didn't really care at all about any of the Gared stuff.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By LackingSaint

Rodrik is near-dead after the battle. Mira got her head chopped off. Gared is heading South for the big comeback. According to the game, I fought with FIERCE PASSION.

I enjoyed the season overall, and I will say I do somewhat disagree with people saying this episode was just cliffhangers. Gared's storyline was a bit of a dud, with them never actually figuring out how to tie it into everything else, and Mira was ultimately inconsequential, but she did get a conclusion, and the Asher/Rodrik plotline REALLY went out with a bang. I'm really looking forward to seeing where my Rodrik goes next, I love how he's shaping up to be this mangled, fierce, un-killable lord. Asher was the perfect catalyst for his transformation into bloodlusted warrior.

Anyone else feel like they reeeeally overplayed the deaths in this season? I know deaths are a Game of Thrones staple, but literally about three quarters of the cast got killed this season. It's like if in the first season of Game of Thrones, they killed Ned, Sansa, Jon, Catelyn, Robb, Bran, Theon, Cersei, The Hound and Tyrion. I have no idea how they're going to approach season two when, by my count, there are.... three developed characters left? Asher/Rodrik, Beksha, Gared. And since Asher/Rodrik is determinant, I just can't see them remaining in the story, what with the good old "determinant characters will die one episode later" TellTale trope.

Also, did anyone else get anything other than "FIERCE PASSION" at the end bit there? It seems like it was a calculation based on my choices, and I'm curious how it wound out for others.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@moonrakerb:

I love Game of Thrones and TT, but I never really got 'into' it because I knew or at least felt like everyone or almost everyone was going to die regardless of what 'choices' I made. I took a much different approach in this game, where I was basically an asshole to everyone outside of the people I liked.

I liked it, but with it being confined to the show, it really handicapped what the TT could actually do with it. No matter what, you were never going to get to harm Ramsey or be able to do anything of any substance in Kings Landing. Hopefully season 2 will only focus on the 2-3 characters that remained alive.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

I ended with Rodrik barely alive, when he was found by Talia and Royland. Mira lost her head cause I was constantly trying to get most of the characters killed (I found them all really dull, and i knew the game wouldn't let me, well, not until they wanted it to happen). And Gared heading South, cause staying in the Grove made no sense, and I figure it made no difference which option i choose. But then again, i feel that way about nearly all the choices.

Am not sure if am remember it wrong, but i could have swore that you use to be able to skip dialogue... sigh, i missed having that ability in this game.

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Interesting how many different outcomes are in this thread, which makes me wonder how Season 2 is going to unfold. It certainly seems less strict than the end of Walking Dead Season 1 where everyone had a largely similar ending.

In my playthrough:

- Asher is barely alive, but found by Royland (my sentinel) and Talia. I'm assuming if you pick duncan or royland, the other will be the traitor?

- Ryon and Beska are both safe

- Garett is staying in the north to protect the grove that they spent the entire season to reach

- Mia lost her head, kinda wonder if I stayed closer to Margery if this could have been avoided?

One final note: Is there a possibility that Elaena could be pregnant with Rodrick's heir? In my playthrough they sleep together prior to Rodrick getting murdered.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I just wrapped up episode 6 a few days ago and all the possible outcomes I've read about is pretty interesting for season 2. The only thing that concerns me is that Telltale could very well just due away with all the choices so that everyones playthrough for season 2 starts the same. If that were the case it'd be a pretty darn shame.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked this up while it was on sale and felt like it was mostly worth it. But I feel like it suffered from the same thing all the other Telltale games suffer from. I felt like it should have been a complete story where my decisions throughout the season would affect whether house Forrester would stand or not. But no. We get a cliffhanger. No season 2 either, but that is probably for the best. Got an easy platinum out of it tho!

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as this was free on ps plus I've been forcing myself through it and what an absolute pile of tosh it ended up being after 6 episodes. Not even comparable to the excellent Tales From The Borderlands.

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I wrapped this up last weekend with my wife and we were both pretty disappointed. We are both big fans of the show, but agreed this probably wasn't a great property for Telltale to plug into their formula. Ultimately, GoT has a lot to do with futility, failure, and hardship and that really made us feel like our choices were just a different path to the bottom. Trying to tie this into the universe of the show seemed to further restrict our choices (or made them lose weight given we know the outcome of some characters stories later on). Going into Season 2, you feel like there's going to be a lot of quick "corrections" to get everyone back on the same path.

We played the TT Batman series during the week and found that much more enjoyable. Maybe the choices were just as inconsequential, but it was a unique take on many of the Batman characters. Also, there's a great mechanic of deciding to tackle things as Batman or Bruce Wayne.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.