Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 02, 2014

Based on the epic-fantasy television series of the same name, Game of Thrones is an episodic adventure game that tells the story of House Forrester, whose fate is threatened by the War of the Five Kings.

Telltale Games Debuting Game of Thrones Very Soon [UPDATED]

• 82 results
    patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek
    No Caption Provided

UPDATE: Telltale has published a blog with new details about the series, including its setting and premise...

"Our game series is based on the world, characters and events seen in HBO's TV show, which in turn is based on George R. R. Martin's books (A Song of Ice and Fire). The events in our game series begin towards the end of Season Three of the TV show, and end right before the beginning of Season Five. You will visit familiar locations such as King's Landing and The Wall, as well as unfamiliar locations such as Ironrath, the home of House Forrester.

House Forrester is a noble house from the Wolfswood in the north of Westeros. Bannermen to House Glover, they have always offered unswerving loyalty to the ruling great house of the North – the Starks. The Forresters are seated at Ironrath, an imposing stronghold surrounded by towering ironwood trees. Built over fifteen hundred years ago by Cedric Forrester and his triplet sons, Ironrath is a testament to the strength and endurance of Ironwood. The Forrester house words are 'Iron from Ice', which echoes their belief that - like the ironwood itself - the adverse conditions and unforgiving landscape of the North only makes them stronger.

Ironrath sits on the edge of the largest ironwood forest in Westeros, which has proven to be a strategic advantage for the House. The trees are a valuable commodity; many of the best weapons, ships, and defensive structures include the use of ironwood. House Forrester controls the majority of the ironwood forests in the Wolfswood, much to the chagrin of their bitter rivals, House Whitehill."

We still don't have a release date, but it's "soon" on every platform around.

---

It's been a few months since Telltale Games released an episode in any series, following the conclusion of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, but the studio's teasing a premiere for Game of Thrones.

The first episode (of six) is called "Iron From Ice," and a tweet from the company suggests its release isn't far off.

One suspects Telltale wouldn't be saying "soon" unless it meant before the year is up. There's no release date for Tales From the Borderlands, either, but it's looking like we'll have alternating series pretty soon.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Great! I wonder where they've set it. I'm really hoping for political intrigue instead of "The Walking...White Walkers".

Sk4mikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sk4mikaze

This game has tons of potential, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Iron from Ice is an interesting clue as to what the story may be focusing on.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By morningstar

I'm always ready for more Telltale stuff, but I'll buy it when all the episodes are out.

Dberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dberg

There's so many ways this could go wrong, and I'm not convinced Telltale's Walking Dead was not just a lucky hit. Please be good, please be good, please be good.

the_kempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the_kempire

I've been waiting to hear about this for awhile. I think either a game set in Kings Landing or one where you rotate between multiple playable characters in different factions (probably in different episodes) would be really interesting.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

kinda done with the Telltale formula so i'd wait until the full season's out and read a lot of different reviews.

Nags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll remain cautiously pessimistic.

vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wonder if they are going to market this on HBO itself in any way.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

As someone whose read the books but hasn't seen the T.V. Show yet, I'm interested to see how this will turn out.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I will never forgive you if you fuck this up, Telltale.

Springfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Springfart

really interested to see how this turns out

Avatar image for deactivated-5d000a93730da
    deactivated-5d000a93730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Boo, give me more Wolf among us and walking dead

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@dberg said:

There's so many ways this could go wrong, and I'm not convinced Telltale's Walking Dead was not just a lucky hit. Please be good, please be good, please be good.

How can it be a lucky hit? Both Season 2 of the Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us were great games.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Honkalot

Really looking forward to this, it probably makes for a great setting for tough and brutal decision making!

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the formula but I want decisions to have more impact, hopefully a little innovation will occur.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hmm.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By csl316

I'm really, really curious what the art style is going to be. On the visual front, the show brings the books to life with an incredible look.

I suppose Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us make the cartoony style work, but I'd like to see something harsher for Game of Thrones.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dberg said:

How can it be a lucky hit? Both Season 2 of the Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us were great games.

Wolf Among Us had some really hit and miss episodes, S2 of TWD did not deliver on the character front for me. I think Telltale have some good writers but there's a few dragging down their seasons.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By theacidskull

@theacidskull said:

@dberg said:

Wolf Among Us had some really hit and miss episodes, S2 of TWD did not deliver on the character front for me. I think Telltale have some good writers but there's a few dragging down their seasons.

Agree to disagree then, since I personally thought that both TWAU and TWD S2 were fantastic for the most part.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ripelivejam

Should be about dunk and egg.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At some point I've started to kinda dislike everything but the books. Just morphing into that asshole who complains about adaptations and unimportant bullshit.

Maybe this'll be great.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

hmmm, this is such a tricky thing to handle, just expecting the worst.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hopefully its good and has some ME2-style press R2 for renegade action.

thornie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's been hinted at that you'll be playing a lesser Northern family that makes a tiny brief appearance in a certain (minor) forest battle that takes place in book 5.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Nardak

I think part of the problem with the telltales episodes is that they have so many different game series going on that ensuring quality across all episodes can be hard.

That might be the reason why some episodes have been so short. Its probably a question of distributing human resources to different games.

Kinda afraid that they are taking on more than they can actually complete in a manner that ensures a consistent quality from episode to episode. Development schedules are going to be probably pretty tight and I wonder how much there is room for occasional hiccups.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@privodotmenit said:

@theacidskull said:

@dberg said:

Agree to disagree then, since I personally thought that both TWAU and TWD S2 were fantastic for the most part.

I thought episode 4 of TWAU was universally hated, and some of those TWD S2 characters were unbearable for me.

djkommunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasar7: press r2 to castrate lily allen's brother

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget, they made that Jurassic park game !

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Just give me Wolf Among Us season 2 and I'm in telltale

T3MPLESMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telltale Games will have a lot of angry Game of Thrones fans if they don't execute this well... I'll be one of them.

dotpatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to be excited about this but I'm worried about investing anymore time into a game that might just end up losing any save data I create.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LarryDavis

I learned my lesson from their past three games... Wait until like two episodes are out and you can get the season pass for around 60% off.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...one where you rotate between multiple playable characters in different factions (probably in different episodes) would be really interesting.

Well, it was pretty interesting that one time. Too bad the mechanics and general jankiness obscured the actually pretty great characters and world building. I'm sure Telltale can at least make a more solid game overall (save erasing bugs aside.) ;)

@patrickklepek Have they made it clear that the game will be set in the HBO show's universe specifically? At this point it's diverged from the books in some significant ways.

Dberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dberg

@theacidskull said:

@dberg said:

I recognize that people enjoyed Wolf, but outside of appreciating its stylish presentation, it did nothing for me. I was up for a little more after the episode 1 cliffhanger, but lost interest once the second episode retconned it.

BTTF and Jurassic Park were lacking. BTTF had its moments, but Jurassic Park was obnoxious.

I find Strongbad and Sam and Max aggressively unfunny. Though judging from all the terrible, American standup on Netflix, I suppose it's a cultural difference. Lee asking "Did you lick the salt block?" and the expression on Clem's face as she pauses before saying "No..." that's funny.

The DLC for Walking and the second season did not deliver. I enjoyed it despite itself in the same way I like David Cage games. I don't think they'll make a season 3, but if they do, I'm not interested.

I think their success with Walking caught them off guard and that they're having trouble recreating it even though they understand what all the individual pieces were. I want to be proven wrong though.

I'm a fan of the Game of Thrones show and would love a good game about it, but there's so many moving parts that have to be right. Not like with Borderlands where you pretty much can't go wrong.

Oh god, I just realized I'm looking forward to Tales of the Borderlands. What the hell is wrong with me?

edit - Just remembered Puzzle Agent. That was quirky and awesome!

Jabbawocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 16

I kind of got way to caught in the hype surrounding the release of TWDS2 and TWAU that this time I'm just going to wait for the whole season to come out before buying (or at least until the first major sale for the season pass).

anbilow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really excited for this. Hopefully the first good GoT video game.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@nags said:

As a fan of Game of Thrones and Telltale, cautiously pessimistic is, unfortunately, exactly where I find myself. Well put.

Zeds_Dead_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been on the GoT train since 1998 but am only recently a fan of TellTale. I feel like somebody I just met is babysitting my kid.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I think their games just plain suck ass. Now don't get me wrong, I was so impressed with how they got the look and feel with Back to the Future and I am sure the same is true of their other games, but man, playing them, boring as fuck.

Rykane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehbk: Speak for yourself. I personally love them, I don't play them for the gameplay , you play them for the story and connection with the characters.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Legion_

I'm a sucker for olden times stuff...

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They've been adamant it's coming this year, so I assume it'll just drop one of these days... like a snowflake.

Iron from Ice is an interesting clue as to what the story may be focusing on.

I recall a mention of Greyjoys/squids being involved, at least in the first episode?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa six episodes now? I'm glad to hear that they are increasing the number of installments within a season. Five episodes was not enough for The Walking Dead Season 2.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By Trilogy

Oh man...trying not to get too excited for this, but I can't help feeling a little giddy.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not that excited about this installment and I don't really care all that much, but then again I didn't think I would care about the The Wolf Among Us. Turns out I ended up caring a lot about that series, so who knows, I like being surprised in a positive way.

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PLOT TWIST: It's Frog Fractions 2.

Bipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo it better have some titties

arjuous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By arjuous

@nags said:

I'm keeping the same mentality. I love the books, and they've got a ton of material, but like any adaptation of a work you really love, it makes you slightly terrified at how it will turn out.

I personally hope they stay as far from the main story as possible, with little to no interactions with characters I know and love (and hate). Martin's world is a great backdrop for a telltale game, but I can't let myself get too excited just yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.