When does it take place in relation to the books?

#1 Posted by nemt (858 posts) -

Before?

During?

Can't seem to find this anywhere.

#2 Posted by Marcsman (3286 posts) -

What is taking place?

#3 Posted by alternate (2719 posts) -

It isn't quite clear but early on or before the first book/season. No Jon Snow at the wall.

I heard this was in development before the TV series and was supposed to be a prequel but then they added VO, theme, etc from the TV to take advantage of the publicity

#4 Posted by danmcn12 (86 posts) -

The time frame is the first book.

#5 Edited by llamaegg (231 posts) -

I'm pretty freaking sure they said the game took place before the books, I just can't remember if it took place during the War of the Usurper or right before it.

Edit; stolen from the Wiki

he game narrates the journey of two characters: Mors Westford, a veteran ranger of the Night's Watch, and Alester Sarwyck, a red-robed priest of R'hllor who returns home after a 15-year absence following the death of his father and becomes instantly embroiled in the politics of court. The plot is set in parallel to, but does not overlap, the events of the novel A Game of Thrones.

#6 Posted by nemt (858 posts) -

Hm, seems pretty clear it's not during Robert's Rebellion then. That would've been really cool.

I'll still probably check it out though.

#7 Edited by Triumvir (499 posts) -

The opening of the game (with Mors) takes place just after the first books prologue (the first scenes of the first episode), according to some random NPC dialogue at Castle Black. Jon Arryn is said to have died by the second chapter with Mors. The final battle takes place contemporary to a certain infamous execution about 3/4ths of the way through the first book. One quick note: much of Alester's story is a flashback before Mors's chapters, meaning that it takes place before the evens of the first book, but only by a few months.

It's about 15 years after Robert's Rebellion. They stress the "fifteen years ago" thing pretty hard in the dialogue; it's really tiresome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.