does microsoft actually care about Gameroom?

Posted by JohnZimmerman (195 posts) -

every week i watch the quick look for the new game room releases and every week i am left wondering wtf?   game room could have been something truly great instead it's a great big steaming pile of shit. the games suck and they cost too much.  
they should have made it so all XBLA games are displayed in the game room, each having their own cabinet.  fatal fury double impact  came with cabinets for fatal fury and magic sword.  why not just allow me to place them with in game room?   my friends could visit my game room and hang out, compete for high scores etc. 
so i guess the question is when is Microsoft going to either kill it or give us something good?

#1 Posted by JohnZimmerman (195 posts) -

every week i watch the quick look for the new game room releases and every week i am left wondering wtf?   game room could have been something truly great instead it's a great big steaming pile of shit. the games suck and they cost too much.  
they should have made it so all XBLA games are displayed in the game room, each having their own cabinet.  fatal fury double impact  came with cabinets for fatal fury and magic sword.  why not just allow me to place them with in game room?   my friends could visit my game room and hang out, compete for high scores etc. 
so i guess the question is when is Microsoft going to either kill it or give us something good?

#2 Posted by joey (960 posts) -

No.

#3 Posted by InfamousBIG (3201 posts) -

GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE OR GAMEROOM

#4 Posted by TurboMan (6945 posts) -

well, I guess they are still profitting from it.. since it doesn't take any work to put out these games for the service and there are still people(not many, but some) paying for it. 

...it's a bummer to see that there haven't been any excitement around that service and no new deals.

#5 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -
@InfamousBIG said:
" GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE OR GAMEROOM "
#6 Posted by MisterChief (829 posts) -

Microsoft probably doesn't even know it's still a thing.

#7 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

what happened is they probably got hte first bulk of releases and went "yeah ok we don't have to worry for a while" and they'll either negotiate new deals if it's profitable or stop it if it's not.

#8 Posted by carlthenimrod (1579 posts) -

@JohnZimmerman said:

" every week i watch the quick look for the new game room releases and every week i am left wondering wtf?   game room could have been something truly great instead it's a great big steaming pile of shit. the games suck and they cost too much.  
so i guess the question is when is Microsoft going to either kill it or give us something good? "

I think you mean Final Fight and not Fatal Fury.

I don't think throwing other XBLA games into Game Room would have saved it though. At that point it just starts to turn into Playstation Home (aka useless HUB to launch actual games from). I blame the bloated pricing for the imminent death of Game Room.
#9 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

I thought they stopped caring after the first week.

#10 Posted by TheBlackPigeon (314 posts) -

I don't know about Microsoft, but Krome is still pretty amped over it. They post pretty frequently on their Facebook page for Game Room. Unlike Jeff and all his groupies, I'm actually enjoying the service, and I'm actually hopeful for it's future.  

Looking forward to Jackal next week!

#11 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

have you seen whats been released?

#12 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Did they ever?

#13 Posted by Popogeejo (572 posts) -

All signs point to no.

#14 Posted by ReyGitano (2465 posts) -

Maybe they do... but I sure don't care for anything they've released. I'm a 90's kid, which meant any arcade's I went to growing up were already dead, so most of the arcade games I got to play were the good ones people picked off from the dying arcades, and usually they where cheap. I mean seriously, we're talking either free or a nickel. Good times... but nothing in Game Room comes close to attracting me.

#15 Edited by JohnZimmerman (195 posts) -
@carlthenimrod:   sorry i did meant final fight but put fatal fury instead.  it may not have saved game room but it certainly would have given it more of a purpose.
#16 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Retro gaming is like a religion. And Game Room is just shit.

#17 Posted by JohnZimmerman (195 posts) -

also they should have gotten more publishers.  konami and activision are great but where is capcom, snk, sega, midway, acclaim (i know they are gone but someone should own their assets), etc. and give us nes - genesis era games.

#18 Posted by JohnZimmerman (195 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.