Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

Game Room has been removed from XBLA.

• 61 results
    MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By MikeydCT

game room is still up, im looking at the downloads from market place. NOTHING STOPS GAME ROOM QUICK LOOKS, just not having any new games stops it :(

carminescarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By carminescarf

It's still there. I just bought a few games.

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By 1337W422102

Good.  Game Room was nothing but an overprice uppity emulator, trying to get you to pay RL$$$ for LOLCHEEVOS

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By strainedeyes

I really miss the Game Room quick looks.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#55  Edited By huntad

Wait, so it really just stopped? They never released Sunset Riders?! Wow, that's messed up! Did they ever release details on that?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By mariokart64fan

game room is still there its on games on demand duh , god people are blind im on it right now they just stopped adding new games appearently you can still purchase all the old ones that were there its still there

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By Hizang

i have those achievements, now nobody else can get them!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By BisonHero

@huntad said:

Wait, so it really just stopped? They never released Sunset Riders?! Wow, that's messed up! Did they ever release details on that?

Correct, they never released Sunset Riders.

They would release like a dozen games in a pack, which you would download, because each game is like a few megabytes at most and it would be insane to make you download them individually. But then despite you having the code for all the games on your hard drive, they would "release" that pick over the course of 3-4 weeks, unlocking the ability to purchase a few titles at a time.

One of the last packs contains all the code for Sunset Riders. For some reason, the ability to pay for and unlock Sunset Riders never became available. I don't believe there's any official response for why that is.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dcgc said:

I'm sorry to necro this, but are all the packs for Game Room free? I re-downloaded the game and some packs I bought and it prompted me to download the remaining available packs.

I think you can download the data for free because it's little only a few megabytes per game, but you still have to pay for each game. Even though you have the data, you won't be able to run any game that you haven't paid for.

*I base this knowledge entirely on Game Room Quick Looks, and have never personally interacted with the Game Room service*

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@dcgc: It prompts you to download everything because you can demo every game.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By MachoFantastico

*Wipes away a tear*

To be fair, I tried it once having been interested in checking out the older games for educational purposes but could never get use to it. Neat idea, but doesn't work in this day and age, as Jeff always said it's difficult to make money off old games. Credit to them for trying though. Always rather enjoyed the history lessons Jeff use to give us in the quick look.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By rachelepithet

They were too expensive, not genuine arcade roms but the atari ports of popular arcade games, and did not work well with analog sticks for trackballs or the 360's shitty d-pad for joysticks. Oh, and the high scores were all the result of glitches, and updating the score froze the gameplay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.