Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

Game Room updates

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Sin4profit

So today when i loaded up Gameroom i noticed the update to the Atari 2600 interface; I like it.  Snooping around to see if any of the other interfaces have changed i found a live leaderboard update option in the graphics options right underneath the live ticker option.  For those of you who haven't seen the live leaderboard update, it basically shows you (or yer gamer picture anyway) climbing up you friend's list and also always shows the 1st place leader of that game from the world leader boards on top as well. Pretty cool, dunno how long it's been there but i've only just now noticed it.

Also: The Avatars in the arcades seem to crowd around and watch other avatars playing games....so there's that and the preview screen shows the name of the game and the pack that that game is contained in as well.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Joshakazam

Game Room dissapoints me.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Until they get to some more recent stuff I'm not going to take the gameroom plunge.

KingPossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KingPossum

Sounds promising. I haven't picked up any titles since the last game pack and I'm glad they're doing any kind of updates to it in the long run. 

I wish they promoted this thing a bit more but I don't know what the hell Microsoft is doing this summer with their releases.  

In other news my xbox is out of commission, it red ringed and I'm waiting for it to come back from the factory.

Karyyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Karyyk

I've been enjoying Game Room, but I think that's because the Atari 2600 is what started my epic journey of gaming. Looking at it from a purely arcade perspective, yeah, it's a huge disappointment. The new features are nice and hopefully the library will improve at some point (hasn't much the last few weeks though).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.