Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

Is this worth it?

edtwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By edtwo

I was thinking about getting game room games, but paying 3 bucks for 30 year old games that I will only play for 15 minutes doesnt seem to make sense. It seems even more stupid when i bought world of goo for 2 bucks and braid for $2.30 on the steam holiday sale. What do you people think?

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By agentboolen

Yep the Xbox game room games are a complete waste of money and is just Microsoft's way of taking advantage of gamers that don't know any better, or have no respect for money.  For World of Goo and Braid for only $2 seem like great deals and are very worth the money.  We as gamers should support great game developers that do new and original things and not support big publishers that endlessy milk money from us with releasing games over and over in different formats.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By agentboolen
    @ChristOnIce:  I guess you have a point there lol
    Avatar image for deactivated-586642a039045
    deactivated-586642a039045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Well I've very much enjoyed the Game Room over this past week.  I'm now in my mid-thirties (around the average age for a computer game fan apparently) and my first games console as a young child was an Atari 2600 (later in the 80s I had an Amstrad CPC464).  Being able to play Combat & Millipede have been great fun as these were two of the very first computer games I ever played in my life, possibly the first. 

Being able to challenge other people on my friends' list etc is part of what you pay for as well, although I hope they continue to improve the service such as properly being able to walk around my own & others' arcades, chat over the headset when close to them etc.  I think that would really elevate the Game Room to being a truly social activity.  I downloaded all 30 games at launch (not 31 as seems to be the case in the US, I'm in the UK) and plan to keep doing so.  At the end of the day, its worth it to us retro fans, it won't be worth it to others.

UkuleleSHIMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By UkuleleSHIMA
    @Stormhead said:

" Well I've very much enjoyed the Game Room over this past week.  I'm now in my mid-thirties (around the average age for a computer game fan apparently) and my first games console as a young child was an Atari 2600 (later in the 80s I had an Amstrad CPC464).  Being able to play Combat & Millipede have been great fun as these were two of the very first computer games I ever played in my life, possibly the first.  Being able to challenge other people on my friends' list etc is part of what you pay for as well, although I hope they continue to improve the service such as properly being able to walk around my own & others' arcades, chat over the headset when close to them etc.  I think that would really elevate the Game Room to being a truly social activity.  I downloaded all 30 games at launch (not 31 as seems to be the case in the US, I'm in the UK) and plan to keep doing so.  At the end of the day, its worth it to us retro fans, it won't be worth it to others. "

What was the 31st game in the UK? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.