Leaderboards

#1 Posted by Shaneman (78 posts) -

Anyone on the leaderboards yet? 

I'm currently sitting at 7th on Jungler.  I know I can do better though, simple mistakes

#2 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -

Not as of yet, though I'm sure I would be on one if Sub Hunt had a damn leaderboard.

#3 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -

I'm dropping fast on the Astrosmash leaderboards, but for a very short time, I was ranked first. Last time I checked, I was down to sixth or so.

I'm also waaaay ahead in first on the Space Hawk leaderboard, last I checked:

Bit of a lead in points.
I'm assuming that the good players are probably still playing endlessly, since it took me almost three hours to amass that before making loads of stupid mistakes. Once they check in, this score'll drop like a rock.
#4 Posted by Shaneman (78 posts) -

Damn son. 

Well played.

#5 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -

Dude, I've played Space Hawk all my life and I was lucky if I got 8,000, much less 1 million. Congrats

#6 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -
@Driadon said:
" Dude, I've played Space Hawk all my life and I was lucky if I got 8,000, much less 1 million. Congrats "
Before today, I'd pretty much be in the same boat. I don't think I ever got above 4,000 on the Intellivision when I was a kid, and on the Intellivision Lives! emulator, I was only able to get just above 20,000 through severe save state abuse. The Xbox 360 controller's practically perfect for Space Hawk's controls; once I toggled over to direct drive controls to remove the drifting, the ease of controlling the guy was just insane and almost game-breaking.
#7 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -
@PsEG: I think you may have just sold me on the Game Room version of Space Hawk.
#8 Edited by Shaneman (78 posts) -

Well, I'm off to try out Space Hawk, lol. 

Twin Galaxies has the world record listed at 10,305,220.  So, you got a ways to go, haha.

#9 Posted by Trace (3549 posts) -
@Driadon said:
" @PsEG: I think you may have just sold me on the Game Room version of Space Hawk. "
Definitely give the ten-minute demo a whirl -- I'm still not completely sure it was worth the purchase, but it sure works a lot better on the 360 controls. It just gets awkward when you realize the difficulty isn't ramping up nearly as much as you'd expect (and all the extra lives the game piles on doesn't help, if I can somehow turn earning extra lives into a complaint).

@Shaneman said:
" Well, I'm off to try out Space Hawk, lol.  Twin Galaxies has the world record listed at 10,305,220.  So, you got a ways to go, haha. "

Bwahaha, that record is crazy. At the pace I was playing today, it'd take me 23 hours to beat that. Considering my sanity wasn't holding up all that well two hours in...yeah, I think that record's safe from me!
#10 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

I'm no leaderboard player, but I hope to hone my Lunar Lander skills to do so.

#11 Posted by TorgoGrooves89 (346 posts) -
@PsEG: 

Lol i watched some of your replay for that game. I could barely understand what was going on but i might check it out now. Sounds interesting.
#12 Posted by Shaneman (78 posts) -

WOO! I'm in the Quick Look! 

When Jeff looks at the leaderboards for Jungler, I'm still at #7!  Awesome! 

Of course, now I'm off the top 20 :(

#13 Posted by Suxxorz (35 posts) -

I've got (currently) the #1 Jungler spot at 79,120, though who knows how long that'll last.  My previous score didn't even last until I got home from work!
#14 Posted by Sin4profit (2905 posts) -

Last i checked i was # 4 on the Gravitar leader boards but that was a whole 16 hours ago.

#15 Posted by Suxxorz (35 posts) -

Hell yes, reclaimed my #1 spot on Jungler with 100,500!

#16 Edited by drowsap (679 posts) -

i still cant break 50k in jungler  but im getting better if i can make top 20 ill be happy lol

#17 Posted by Tordah (2471 posts) -
@Suxxorz:  Damn, you're quite the Jungalo!
#18 Posted by Suxxorz (35 posts) -
@Tordah: 
Someone else moved ahead of me, maybe sometime I'll take it back.  But 100k was hard to do...and I've spent way too much time on Jungler
#19 Edited by Hannibal (862 posts) -

I was #19 on the Jungler leaderboards last I checked, which was like 56k points. 

Edit: After seeing Suxxorz' posts I don't think I'm still on there, haha. I'll have to remedy this.

#20 Posted by Sin4profit (2905 posts) -

I just now got to #5 on Gravitar..i will not be happy til im in the top 3

#21 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@PsEG: That's still totally awesome. Congratulations, man.
#22 Posted by Solarus (269 posts) -

I'm currently 20th in Battlantis... I was at #15 for a while, but it's been dropping slowly over the last week or so :P
#23 Posted by gnark1ll420 (101 posts) -

Currently as of this post I am fourth or fifth on astrosmash
#24 Posted by gakon (1945 posts) -

I was 17th on H.E.R.O., but I've since been kicked off the leaderboard.  Couldn't quite replicate my best game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.