Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

Let's do some Math !

MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MoistJohn

A game cost 3$. 
    For the sake of the argument, let's average the amount of games that come out each week at 5. 
    52 weeks a year. 
    3 * 5 * 52 = 780$ 

now, we know that there are at least 5,000 subscribers because the bombcast remains. that means that 16 members just payed for jeffs obsession. i'll estimate 1000 of them are yearly subs. so you have a 0.016 chance of buying jeff some old ass games like "Bridge" and "Chess".
    If I'm one of those 16, seeing as we get some funny ass videos out of it, I'm ok with it. Are you ? (finger pointing towards the forth wall)

And while we are estimating, let's take some wild guesses folks.
    when will game room stop releasing games ? 
    when will they stop updating the room ?  
    when will they turn off the servers and leave you with your offline game room ? 

Of course, i'm not ill wishing anyone and anything, but the air is filled with pessimistic aroma in the game room. or maybe an avatar ripped one out... 

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fynne

The games suck, but Jeff and the gang make them soooooo funny.  I consider that a subscription well spent.  From the looks of it Game Room is scraping the bottom of the barrel.  They could only scrape up 4 old ass games this week.  The end must be near.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

I enjoyed your post. 

Game Room will never stop! Jeff will fund it himself of they threaten to shut it down. 

MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MoistJohn
    @JJWeatherman: I enjoy your posts as well. :)
    ljbrewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ljbrewer

I just pulled out my copy of Intellivison Lives for the PS2. I bought it for $5 in 2007. Thats 60 games for a little over 8 cents a piece. I would like to know where my awesome Thin Ice score would be on the leaderboards though.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I think its worth it just for these videos hah
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

As much as I wish I was funding his Game Room addiction, Jeff pays for these out of his pocket.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.