Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

lol, system requirements.

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By DevWil

so to anybody thinking they could run 70s and 80s video games on a netbook while getting achievement points...nope. 

i can appreciate microsoft wanting to make game room look pretty, but i think they made a small, but considerable oversight in not allowing for an option to have a simpler UI that will run on low-end machines. 

oh well, i guess i'll just have to play illegally downloaded roms instead.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon

Well seeing as they said before that this service may emulate Dreamcast games in the future, this is no surprise.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah and having a system requirements scan for every single game would be a pain in the ass. Best cast a wide net and leave it open for polygonal classics, and some more processor intensive arcades games, like Neo Geo.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Whisperkill

wow... what a douche

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.