Midway & Namco

#1 Posted by Wolfenhex (22 posts) -

Does anyone know if Midway or Namco will be releasing games on Game Room?

#2 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

no they have not

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

i'm still waiting for them to release Rampage and Spy Hunter on game room 

#4 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

Who even knows who owns half of that old Midway stuff now?

#5 Posted by Blkthorne (25 posts) -
@Disengage said:
"Who even knows who owns half of that old Midway stuff now? "

Warner Bros. has their rights from my understanding, its just a question of what they will do with the Midway games, sell them off or start releasing them to make money off them.
#6 Edited by gakon (1952 posts) -
Here Microsoft is referencing Galaxian in their promotional material, so Namco is a possibility.  Also some data-miners dug up evidence for a possible release of Mega Man, which is bizarre.  Any of those plans could have fallen through though, since it's been a while since Game Room's launch.

[EDIT] Actually, no, that first link was for something else I think.
#7 Posted by Hoagie (63 posts) -
@AjayRaz: I could go for some Rampage. I doubt it will ever happen though. I get a strong feeling that Microsoft is pushing Game Room to the side. I know they're still releasing games but with no fanfare and, obviously, no new publishing deals.

(Side note: Please Konami, get rid of the generic arcade cabinet!)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.