Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

No new Game Room releases today (28th)?

LordCrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By LordCrom

I just checked Game Room on my PC and Game Pack 3 is not available.  Major Nelson had today's date as the day for the new releases.  Is that not still true?
    DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DarkShaper

Probably just not up yet.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CABBAGES

its 5:45pm so i very much doubt they will be out today. 
    Its a shame as if they continue to not release games or only release a few every few weeks i can see me getting bored of game room.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ProfessorEss

I wonder how many people have already totally forgotten about Gameroom because of this delay that might not have if they had really pushed it from day one.

This could end up being a big mistake, a missed opportunity, and the premature death of Gameroom.

We'll see.

Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Colin
    @ProfessorEss:

I totally did forget about the GameRoom till I seen this thread.
    gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gunstar

Yaaaaar, this made me angry. Although I still am waiting for a Game Room release that really floors me and says "BUY ME NOW"

LordCrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordCrom

I had hear rumors at one point about Game Room games releasing on Thursday's.  Is it possible Major Nelson got his dates mixed up and they don't come out until tomorrow?
    Shaolin_Munkeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shaolin_Munkeh

Microsoft really have royally fucked up this launch! 

How do they ever expect Gameroom to gather any kind of momentum with all these delays? 

It seems that not happy with completely fucking up the initial launch of the thing with bugs and a month delay. They're also looking to destroy what little community they'd got around the thing, with even more delays and very little communication on their part to let us know what on earth is going on.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By xyzygy

Guys, they'll have games. Just wait. Remember, the PS3 didn't have many good games when it launched, now look!

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By YoungFrey

But the PS3 is able to develop new games.  Game Room is working entirely with a slate of antediluvian, extremely archaic, and frankly mostly bad games.  The only real advantage they have is the integrated community features and availability.  And those only make sense if there are a lot of titles or a lot of people are involved. 

LordCrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordCrom

This is a bit much.  I mean, COME ON, they promised months ago that they would launch with 30 games and have 7 games a week for 3 straight years.  Plus it is true they are doing a terrible job and telling the community about delays.  RIDICULOUS!
    bunnyboiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By bunnyboiler

You'd think Microsoft would be eager to sell us stuff.

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Terra1909

As someone who has kinda gotten into game room, this has bummed me out. Microsoft has royaly screwed up this service. How hard could it be to add additional games? How did they not have a shit-ton lined up at launch, ready to go every week? It's like they don't care if it's a success or not. They don't even use the news section in the program to announce when stuff will be coming out or if there will be delays. 

I dunno. 

I can't believe I'm getting worked up over a bunch of old games that I could get for free.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YoungFrey

I think it's fair to get worked up.  Business acting stupid for no good reason makes me mad.  Noboby I know can think of a good reason for the way they've handled Game Room.  Maybe they have some crazy reason why they couldn't put them out.  Legal issues makes some sense, but even then, how does it fall apart on the last day?  I don't care that I have to wait indefinitely to decide I don't actually want to pay money for Pitfall!  I care that Microsoft has a huge pile of potential money they are pissing away by not releasing games.

redrum_redrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By redrum_redrum

has anyone found out what new games are out today? should i even boot up game room?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By trace
    This is kind of a shame, but I'm hoping there's a good reason behind the delays. Minor backend bug fixes to correct some of the lag and leaderboard issues aren't really enough at this point, with over a month in delays. The only way I could see the delay being completely justified at this point would be a new feature/benefit emerging, like not having to download game packs before being able to try/buy games (through some sort of caching), or the feature just about everyone wants, online multiplayer.

I'm sure it's just some critical bugs that won't translate into anything amazing on our end, and that's a shame.
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By fox01313

Suprised that this isn't up on the news section about GiatnBomb on this.  

Honestly I think the tech & emulation works fine, the problems I can see that could cause a sudden delay like this would be on the business/legal end.

krelmoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By krelmoon

From the Official Xbox Forums: 

Just a quick note from the team:

We’re working to bring you additional Game Room titles as soon as possible! We appreciate your patience, and we’ve been thrilled by the community response so far. We want to provide you with the best experience possible, so stay tuned!! 

I'll post more info when I've got it.  Thanks for your patience! 

Sounds like at least a week delay to me..
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By trace

Did someone say a week delay? Because it sounds like that's exactly what it's going to be. According to Major Nelson's Twitter account...

"We’re happy to report the newest [Xbox LIVE] Game Room titles - including Super Breakout & Pitfall - will be available this Wednesday!"

Still no clue why there was a delay to begin with. We'll probably never know, at this rate.
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By fox01313

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.