Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

The original Konami cabinets for Game Room EXIST!! Proof!

UkuleleSHIMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UkuleleSHIMA

Okay, I can't believe I didn't catch this earlier!! Someone had commented on my discussion thread at the GR facebook page about the lame generic Konami cabinets and he pointed me to this preview video from CES this year showing the TRUE authentic cabinets in a working version of Game Room! See how Scramble, Jungler, Road Fighter, etc were SUPPOSED TO  have looked in our arcades!! We were ROBBED!   :(

Link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STNeh6AlAb4&feature=related 

I'm not sure if i should feel relieved that somehow there may be a way we'll get to have these someday, or pissed that they were made but we'll never get them! SO FRUSTRATING! Now I KNOW I made the right choice to boycott the lazy imitation versions of these cabinets. Hopefully they'll work it out legally and return the cabs to their proper form and I can happily give Krome/MS my $.  :)

Laxaloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Laxaloot

Wonder what went down that made them take them out

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Sin4profit

Excellent find...I speculated as much that they had emulations of the cabs after seeing the marquees you pionted out on xbox.com...so as it still stands we'd need word from Stern. My theory's based around HOW these systems are being licensed out... $1 for Microsoft, $1 for Konami, $1 to Krome? (though i'm sure that's over simplified)  If the royalties spread like that then it could just be a business decision made to not spread the butter any thinner by adding in a fourth party to pay royalties to.  

Theory 1;  Microsoft's pinching pennies
    Theory 2; Stern are a spiteful bunch

I'm curious as to what will happen once we start seeing Stern games in the arcade.

UkuleleSHIMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By UkuleleSHIMA

It's interesting to see that they DID remove all of the STERN branding from the games. Looks like they were really trying to get around something rights related. 

Also, if you look closely, you'll see that they have a Western/Saloon theme for the GR.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.