Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

What i think Game Room tokens SHOULD be.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Sin4profit

After messing around with Game Room tokens i was disappointed to find that buying in a game with tokens only gives you the same 10 min demo you got when you first played the game. I believe they can implement tokens in a much better way and i am bored enough right now to write about such things upon the internet. So here we go;

What Tokens Should Be (imo)
    You should be able to buy in ranked game playthroughs with tokens, tokens should be purchasable with MS Points and this should replace the 40point buy in system currently active. I should be able to trade in tokens to buy mascots. There should be more ways to earn tokens even if only 1 token per gold medal.

As tokens are right now, kinda worthless in my opinion, you should at least get 20 tokens everytime you buy a $3 game in Game Room if all you're getting is a chance to replay more 10 min demos...ya know, for those of us who's first effort with Intelivision's Football involved you trying to figure out how to even start the damn game  for 5 min until we just gave up.

What are your opinions of the tokens system specifically? Should it be fleshed out more, if so how, or is it fine as it is? What's the fairest way one could earn tokens without ganking the system?

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ImperiousRix

At the moment, I don't think I truly understand the Token system besides the ability to buy another round of the demo.  In fact, I was under the impression that if someone bought into a bonus play on your arcade machine, you'd get the Tokens they spent.  I'm fairly certain that this happened, yet I didn't get any more Tokens. 
    A lot of the the design choices in this game are confusing.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rayfield

Agreed. I also gave up trying to figure out the controls for Football.
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#4  Edited By Sin4profit

yeah it does seem overly complicated...like when i first set up a challenge, i assume the challenge was against my highest score but in fact you have to actively set yer score per challenge (which makes more sense in retrospect but nowhere did it really inform me of that...or at least i missed it if it did)

As far as tokens, i beleive 4 people have visited my arcade and yet i only have 3 extra tokens last i checked so the system's just screwed up anyway. and yer right, i have nooo idea how the "play your friends arcade cabinet and they earn tokens" system works. It is overly confusing but i think it can be worked into a better system then what they have.

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Disengage
    @Rayfield: I think you need two players for Football.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.