Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Room

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 24, 2010

A downloadable portal for official emulation of retro video games for the Xbox 360 and PC, featuring offerings from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision as well as early arcade games by Atari and Konami.

"You Have To Use Your Hands? This Game is For Babies!"

Avatar image for professorzombie
    ProfessorZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ProfessorZombie

I get it. Pay homage to the old school. But really. Why would they give us games that do NOT age well. Its like giving us a stone wheel from thousands of years ago and say, 'remember this? Pay me money, and you can play with this on a racetrack'! In fact, wouldn't you rather have a 1960-70s muscle car to drive around? My analogy of the muscle car can be translated into better arcade games like,  Saturday Night Slam Masters, Alien Vs. Predator Arcade, any NEO-GEO game... I never EVER went back to the peeping dot, or the duck thats supposed to be a dragon when I played the NES or Master System.      

Do you feel the same way?

Rothbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Rothbart

Yeah, I feel ya. I've looked through Game Room a couple of times, and there are 5, maaaaybe 10 games worth buying there out of the who knows how many, and yet they don't seem to be slowing down or amping up their production criteria. Nostalgia can only carry you so far, then it just becomes torture. Imagine paying three bucks to see the some of the first "movies" from when film was first invented, there's a reason we've moved on, I think.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By DarkbeatDK

Oh what could have been!

It surely can't be licensing issues that you can't acquire since Neo Geo games and other arcade classics seems to be released on Wii ware en masse.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By EVO

You seem to be forgetting that a lot of people grew up with these games and would gladly pay money for the nostagia trip, even if the games aren't as good as they remember.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.