Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game & Watch Gallery

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released February 1997

Four classic games in Nintendo's Game and Watch electronic toy line are recreated for the Game Boy, now with an updated Mario flavor!

Race Roulette - Game & Watch Gallery

Performance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Performance

The 'Manhole' minigame
     The 'Manhole' minigame
    I don't know a whole lot about this game, most of my knowledge of Game & Watch being from the Smash Bros. series. That being said, both Dan (Hyperzypherian) and I decided to play some of his earlier games. This was the second game that came out of our little Roulette game and by far will be the quickest. The game consisted of four minigames; Manhole, Octopus, Fire, and Oil Panic. All four games had both a modern and a classic mode; where modern had some of the more popular characters today paired with new backgrounds; classic consisting of the original Game & Watch. The best objective we could really think of for this game, as we hadn't thought it out before, was to just play each game in modern and classic mode once and the person with the highest score won.

By far, our favorite game from this collection was the Octopus games. Most games required you going as fast as you possibly could and everything getting faster as you went. That is, except Octopus. Although the fast-paced games can be fun for some audiences - and don't get me wrong, they were fun - we just both liked the Octopus minigame the best. You had to avoid the tentacles of the underwater menace, watching for the beginning movements of them, then grab the treasure and hightail it back to your boat. The fun part was you got to decide how much treasure you wanted, more making you slow down, and you got to keep going until you got hit by tentacles three times. 

Somehow, it ended up as a tie, with both of us getting 4 wins total. However, neither of us were competitive enough to want to create a tie breaker. This being the case, this game resulted in a tie.
    Performance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Performance

The 'Manhole' minigame
     The 'Manhole' minigame
    I don't know a whole lot about this game, most of my knowledge of Game & Watch being from the Smash Bros. series. That being said, both Dan (Hyperzypherian) and I decided to play some of his earlier games. This was the second game that came out of our little Roulette game and by far will be the quickest. The game consisted of four minigames; Manhole, Octopus, Fire, and Oil Panic. All four games had both a modern and a classic mode; where modern had some of the more popular characters today paired with new backgrounds; classic consisting of the original Game & Watch. The best objective we could really think of for this game, as we hadn't thought it out before, was to just play each game in modern and classic mode once and the person with the highest score won.

By far, our favorite game from this collection was the Octopus games. Most games required you going as fast as you possibly could and everything getting faster as you went. That is, except Octopus. Although the fast-paced games can be fun for some audiences - and don't get me wrong, they were fun - we just both liked the Octopus minigame the best. You had to avoid the tentacles of the underwater menace, watching for the beginning movements of them, then grab the treasure and hightail it back to your boat. The fun part was you got to decide how much treasure you wanted, more making you slow down, and you got to keep going until you got hit by tentacles three times. 

Somehow, it ended up as a tie, with both of us getting 4 wins total. However, neither of us were competitive enough to want to create a tie breaker. This being the case, this game resulted in a tie.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.