Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GameCube

Platform »

The Nintendo GameCube is a sixth generation video game console released by Nintendo on September 15, 2001 in Japan, November 18, 2001 in North America, May 3, 2002 in Europe, and May 17, 2002 in Australia.

GameCube Component Output Vs. Wii Component Output

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kevinski

Does anyone here happen to know whether or not there's any difference between GameCube component output and Wii component output in terms of quality? I'd expect them to be the same, personally, but I'm curious as to whether or not anyone's done a side-by-side comparison to see for sure.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

I am not sure, but logic tells me that a Gamecube game on the Gamecube looks exactly the same as the same game on the Wii with component cables.   I don't see how it would change.  I play my Gamecube games on my Wii with component and they look like they always did.

On the other side, the Wii games look better than the Gamecube games, depending on the quality of the game itself.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

No difference.

j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By j_drace

I actually thought the component output on the Gamecube was better than the Wii.  I however did not compare the same games.  I compared Fire Emblem Path of Radiance to Twilight Princess.  The only way to truly know is to get Twilight Princess for GC and for Wii and have both consoles hooked up through component cables and tell for yourself.  I guess it all depends on the person and the TV settings.  Because a lot of people say HDMI looks better than VGA for 360, but I prefer VGA over HDMI.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.