Gamecube RPGs?

#1 Posted by Gladiator_Games (435 posts) -

Hey forumners! I just dug up my old gamecube and have been feeling some nostaliga for it. Sadly, my games still seem to have vanished, so its time to get a few new ones! Can anyone suggest some good Gamecube RPGs for me? I know Phantasy Star was pretty good, and Fire Emblem was awesome, anything else you can recommend?
#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19171 posts) -

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 Posted by Hailinel (22737 posts) -

I'd recommend the Baten Kaitos games. They were made by Monolithsoft (the Xenosaga guys) and are pretty fun.

#4 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

Skies of Arcadia Legends

#5 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

#6 Posted by DonChipotle (2659 posts) -

Tales of Symphonia

#7 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5236 posts) -

Baten Kaitos if you like to make yourself suffer. Still fun though.

#8 Posted by Yummylee (20610 posts) -
@DonChipotle said:

Tales of Symphonia

YESH!
#9 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9780 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
Beyond this, the only RPG you should be playing on a GameCube is that Mario & Luigi game on the GBA, but only if you have the dealy what hooks on the bottom of the thing.  

Or maybe there are more. I don't know. MARIO!
#10 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1722 posts) -

Baten Kaitos 
Tales of Symphonia 
Skies of Arcadia Legends 
Gladius

#11 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -
@dungbootle said:
Skies of Arcadia Legends
This.
#12 Posted by Hailinel (22737 posts) -

Also, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance if you're looking for a strategy RPG. That game is loads of fun, and a challenge to boot.

#13 Posted by Tearhead (2104 posts) -

Tales of Symphonia

#14 Posted by YI_Orange (1074 posts) -

Gonna echo Paper Mario and Skies of Arcadia Legends. If you have to pick one, I would go with Paper Mario but Skies is pretty cool.

#15 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

I think people have listen every RPG on the gamecube, so there you go. I think the only one missing is Lost Kingdom, but those apparently weren't that great. 

#16 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

Tales of Symphonia

PLAY IT

#17 Posted by Soapy86 (2598 posts) -

Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia

#18 Posted by Ezlo (49 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

This. This. A thousand times this.

#19 Posted by RuneseekerMireille (316 posts) -

@DonChipotle said:

Tales of Symphonia

This. The rest are good, but this game introduced me to all of the other Tales games, which are incredible (Rebirth especially), so I highly recommend this game.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is also a very good choice, if you're more tactically-minded.

#20 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

gotcha force

:D

#21 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2157 posts) -

@turbomonkey138 said:

gotcha force

oh fuck i forgot about gotcha force. Gotta dig up my copy and play some 4 player goodness!

#22 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11034 posts) -

Wait, there are RPGs for the gamecube other than Paper Mario? Seriously, if there was any genre that console was deficient in (and there were many), it was RPGs of any kind. I recall Tales of Symphonia and the Baten Kaitos games also exist as Gamecube exclusives, though I couldn't tell you a single thing about either other than ToS is apparently alright if you're into those kinds of games and Baten Kaitos is a bunch of card collection nonsense.

#23 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:

gotcha force

I love you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.