has anyone ever had one of the fail on them

#1 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

i havn't but i wonder if anyone here has

#2 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

Nope. Nintendo's pretty good on reliable hardware.

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14350 posts) -

My gamecube has never failed me.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Wolverine (4280 posts) -

Yeah mine has always worked fine except when I was younger I broke the power outlet and had to fix it.

#5 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

Mine died... but i did drop kick it, so i dont blame nintendo...

#6 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

Nope, the only Nintendo system I loss was the NES and that mostly my fault.

#7 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

During the days I used to buy consoles and trade them back in, one time I picked up a Gamecube with a dying GPU, another had a bad disk drive.

#8 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I had a launch GC that could not longer read discs after a few years. We traded it and bought a newer version and that one has worked like a charm since.

#9 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Nintendo makes quality hardware. 

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (18914 posts) -

Nope.  I made love to my GC every night and it still works.  Uhh..... did I just say that?

#11 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Nope, but I formatted my memory card once...I cried too.

#12 Posted by Akeldama (4239 posts) -

mine still works but some of the discs are a little jankey 

#13 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -

The analog stick on my controller broke, but other then that it's worked fine. 

#14 Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

I had my original one break a few years in but it was due to e blocking the air vents on each side. I was a little young and didn't think it needed air to work. Other than that I had no problems with it and I had it since the launch Christmas.

#15 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

Launched Gamecube hardware sucked.  There would be overheating of the disc drive and controllers had problems with the analog sticks.  Although Nintendo repaired it for free.

#16 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

the gamecube i bought used had a bad disc reader. It wasn't a problem on games that don't have a ton of loading times (Metroid Prime never failed on me), but when I plopped RE4 in there for the first time, I had major issues getting past parts that would have loads for cutscenes and the like.

#17 Posted by ManMadeGod (1552 posts) -

My launch Gamecube stopped reading disks; my second one is still going strong.

#18 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Mine is still totally fine. Though, I kind of scratched up the top of it a little bit. I put it back in its Gamecube box after getting a Wii, and I guess that box probably got moved around more than it should. It breaks my heart, man. My beautiful, precious Gamecube! Scarred for life! Why, God, WHHYYY???

#19 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1478 posts) -

My friend's GC's disk tray constantly pops up, although all he played was Madden...
Serves him right I guess.

#20 Posted by Matthew (1911 posts) -

Nope.  I got a Costco bundle back in 03 I think...everything is still running awesomely. 

#21 Posted by Agnogenic_delete (1034 posts) -

A Gamecube break? Ha! Those things are freaking indestrubile weapons.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.