Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Games for Windows - Live

Concept »

Microsoft's PC branch of its Live service. Lends the same functionality as Xbox Live Gold to Games For Windows games including cross-platform compatibility for achievements, friends & messages, downloadable content, and in some cases, multiplayer.

Keeps telling me that my Windows Live ID or Password is incorrect

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

Trying to log in to play Fallout 3, but it keeps telling me that my Windows Live ID or password is incorrect. I've tried logging in on Xbox.com, and it worked. Don't know what the problem is. Anyone encountered this before?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Yeah I had the same problem when I was trying to log into Windows Live ID through Microsoft Flight. I changed my password once and I got in but it refused to download my profile (shows you how long I've used it since...Fallout 3 actually) so I changed it again and finally it worked. I don't know why it worked then. I did learn that WLID is still crap though.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Lukeweizer

@eroticfishcake said:

Yeah I had the same problem when I was trying to log into Windows Live ID through Microsoft Flight. I changed my password once and I got in but it refused to download my profile (shows you how long I've used it since...Fallout 3 actually) so I changed it again and finally it worked. I don't know why it worked then. I did learn that WLID is still crap though.

I tried changing it, managed to sign in. Then changed it back to what it was, and now it won't let me again. Seems to not like whatever characters I'm using. Really fucking annoying.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

@Lukeweizer: Yeah it's not exactly easy to know what you're missing with having Windows Live ID, the Xbox website Games For Windows Marketplace. I can't remember the specifics but as I said before I was just flip flopping between those three and just decided to change the password for all of them into the same word (not a great idea but whatever) and just hope in the off chance it would work. So try that with a very simple password perhaps?...it's frustrating I know.

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By pekoe212

I'm having the same problem and i don't even own an Xbox. First said my account was hacked or something, change password. Accepts changed password but says my profile is wrong. Windows Live ID seems crappy. I only set it up so I could play Viva Pinata...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.