Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Games for Windows - Live

Concept »

Microsoft's PC branch of its Live service. Lends the same functionality as Xbox Live Gold to Games For Windows games including cross-platform compatibility for achievements, friends & messages, downloadable content, and in some cases, multiplayer.

Silly question about GFWL/XBL accounts

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Bigandtasty

I won RE5 PC from a contest but I don't have a PC that can run it, my local Walmart refused to accept it, and its resale value on ebay/amazon is only $25.

So I figure I'll just give it to my friend. My question is, if he were to play it using my Live account, would that be a red flag for MS? I have never used GFWL but I have logged into XBL pretty often from both my PC and my 360. I don't think it would be a problem right now, but when I get my 360 back from RROD it's possible that my account may be playing GFWL and XBL at the same time.

Would MS notice and take action? My educated guess is no, but I would like to hear educated guesses from the GB community.

And yes, I know that this is being an achievement whore. But my buddy is a PC/PS3 guy (and doesn't use GFWL), so I figure I might as well get some achieves from giving him a free game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.