Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Games for Windows - Live

Concept »

Microsoft's PC branch of its Live service. Lends the same functionality as Xbox Live Gold to Games For Windows games including cross-platform compatibility for achievements, friends & messages, downloadable content, and in some cases, multiplayer.

So, why do YOU hate Games for Windows Live?

• 55 results
    Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I preferred when it didn't tie a key to your gamertag.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By captain_clayman

It's not that bad really. but then again i'm a fan of getting achievements and xbox live so there's that.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Insectecutor

The only problem with it is on first run when it makes you sign in, type a bazillion character serial code to activate the game, then says it has to update and forces you to go through the whole process again.

After that it's non-intrusive and fine.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By AlexW00d

It's completely superfluous in every way. It adds nothing to my games except for idiotic achievements that I could not care less for, and it sometimes just does not fucking work, essentially locking me out of my games.

Origin is like fucking ambrosia compared to GFWL.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Ben_H

I don't mind it. It's not intrusive by any means other than the initial login and doesn't bother me at all.

I literally haven't had a single issue with it. Most of the time the product keys are already filled in through Steam so I click two buttons and play my game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.