Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 26, 1999

The final game in the Fatal Fury franchise, Garou is set ten years after the death of Geese Howard, and features eleven brand new characters for the player to take control over.

Should I be getting this game?

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By NickM

I've heard good things about Garou, but never played it. Do you guys think that it holds up good these days?

Also, I'm really into fighting games in general, but my only experience with SNK fighting games is playing King of Fighters 98 in arcades a long time ago. So, do you think that this is a good place to start? If not what to do you guys recommend?

Thanks.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

it was probably the best looking neo geo fighter at the time (was one of the last to come out) but it IS a 1999 game, so the holding up part is up to you i guess. its considered one of the best snk fighters by pretty much everyone that is into the fighters scene

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By animateria

It's fun...

As long as you stay away from KOF 2001 and 2002 I think you'll be fine with most really.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Supermarius

2002 isnt bad. Although why would you play that when you could play 2002um (which hopefully will come to xbla after 98um)

MillaPhallus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hi Nick! I would actually recommend that you give it a go! It will only cost you $3.34 on Android and you will bag yourself a game that comes with all of its amazing console qualities. The developers have kept the arcade style and the controls are pretty smooth. I personally enjoyed it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.