Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Garry's Mod

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 29, 2006

Build stuff. Destroy stuff. Spawn so many dominoes that the server crashes with a "no free edicts" error. Such is life in Garry's Mod.

Need some help in getting to grips with GMod

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo

I was surfing the Steam store the other day and picked up Counter-Strike: Source as well as Garry's Mod. Now, I already knew how much fun both games were but I still don't quite know how to use Garry's Mod properly.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any online tutorials? Hints, tips and suggestions are welcome also.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Griddler

Bumped for OP's sake.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CowMuffins

Depends what you want to do with Gmod. You can doodle around with the premade stuff and take pictures. You could download weapons and models to doodle around with. You could download mod like Wiremod and make complex contraptions. You could play on Roleplaying servers if that's your thing. You can play on Sassilization and Deathrun. You could play on Gmod Tower. Tons of stuff.

I would send you a link to facepunch, but facepunch has such a terrible community that I don't think you want to go there. But, if you're looking for anything Gmod related Garrysmod.org and Facepunch.com are the places to go.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By flaminghobo
    @girdz said:
    " Bumped for OP's sake. "
    Cheers dude.

@CowMuffins: I wasn't aware that GMod was actually capable of that much. All I'd really seen were the GMod machinams such as The Idiot Box. That is the area I am looking most in to.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CowMuffins
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " @girdz said:
    Cheers dude.

@CowMuffins: I wasn't aware that GMod was actually capable of that much. All I'd really seen were the GMod machinams such as The Idiot Box. That is the area I am looking most in to. "
    Well, I'd recommend looking up some tutorials on how to use Source Recorder then.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By flaminghobo
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @FlamingHobo said:
    " @girdz said:
    Cheers dude.

@CowMuffins: I wasn't aware that GMod was actually capable of that much. All I'd really seen were the GMod machinams such as The Idiot Box. That is the area I am looking most in to. "
    Well, I'd recommend looking up some tutorials on how to use Source Recorder then. "
    Thanks for the assistance.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CowMuffins
    @FlamingHobo: Hit me up on steam if you have more questions, my name is Cow_Muffins.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By turbomonkey138

I just spawn headcrabs and have them chase me around ..... some may call it a fetish

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Icil

*revive* 

I played some GMod recently. Made a helicopter with folding wings (folds on pressing '5'). Ridiculous, didn't fly at all straight. 

For anyone doing GMod, I recommend a mod with some extra models in it and the mod pack containing something to save your vehicles and SnapToGrid, a lifesaver for making cool contraptions. Also, has anyone seen the mod called 'Wire'? That shit gets deep, fast. 

I downloaded a solar system level. Crazy size, I wish I could make a huge starship and have some crazy battles. 

Ooh, also, I made a destructible tank. I welded plates of armor and made the threshold for breaking low (something like 50N). Run aliens over and parts fly. 

Cool game.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Coombs

First thing,

GET WIREMOD

Second, 

Build Shit

Third,

Get Bored and stop playing.

Edit: Just noticed this is 4 months old.....
    I guess your already at Step 3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.