Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gary Whitta

Person » credited in 6 games

Gary is a screenwriter, author, journalist and video game enthusiast. He is best known for writing the screenplay to the motion picture "The Book of Eli" and being the editor in chief of both the US and UK publications of the popular magazine PC Gamer.

Why Gary Whitta sucks

• 56 results
    jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By jozzy

@vikingdeath1 said:

@Phatmac said:

@big_jon said:

Witta is pretentious, and snobby, I met him, didn't like him much.

Same here dude blocked me on twitter for making a joke. The guy made a great episode, but I don't care about him as a person.

This saddens me to learn, He seemed nice enough on camera.

Do you always believe someone when they say something like this about a famous person? If you have bad day one time and are a little unfriendly to someone no one will know, if a famous person does it he is a snob or stuck up.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Milkman
    Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Phatmac

@jozzy said:

@vikingdeath1 said:

@Phatmac said:

@big_jon said:

Witta is pretentious, and snobby, I met him, didn't like him much.

Same here dude blocked me on twitter for making a joke. The guy made a great episode, but I don't care about him as a person.

This saddens me to learn, He seemed nice enough on camera.

Do you always believe someone when they say something like this about a famous person? If you have bad day one time and are a little unfriendly to someone no one will know, if a famous person does it he is a snob or stuck up.

I'm sure he's a fine guy. I just don't like his personality.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By ShaggE

Two thoughts on this episode:

1. Holy shit. The tension throughout was amazing. I especially loved searching the house for Clem, getting just as panicked as Lee, then laughing with relief at the reveal. I even knew she would be fine (the preview image for episode 5 gives that away), but I don't trust this game not to fuck with my head after the shooting in episode 3.

2. My favorite unexpected laugh: there's a dialogue choice early on where the first two options are "OH SHIT!" and "OH FUCK!". I went with "Everybody run!", but I'm curious if there's a different outcome between the first two choices. I think there was a similar choice at the beginning of episode 1, where you just chose between two expletives and "LOOK OUT!" or something. Cracked me up.

Runner up laugh: "Shovels are never not useful." I'm assuming that "never not" was a deliberate choice of words, whether referencing GB or NNF. Might be overthinking it, though.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By aurahack

Props to Gary, I suppose, for taking people to task in here.

I could see why someone would have those feelings towards someone, though. Like with every other episode, I played it in a group with friends and the end of Episode 4 had us all in complete silence just staring at each other. Ending on a cliffhanger like that, especially one that makes you pick a dialogue option and doesn't even let you hear it, was fucking brilliant.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By AlexW00d

@Brodehouse said:

Because he calls fries chips.

Fries and chips are different things. Chips are chunky chips of potato, fries are french fries.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.