Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

3rd Gears of War 2 Title Update

Miniman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Miniman

Epic Games have announced that they will be releasing a third title update which is aiming at fixing the multiplayer yet again.

"- A new levelling system which will abolish the TrueSkill rank completely. Info on the new system's 100 levels can be found at http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=658236
    - Players can only be downed by smoke grenades for a maximum of 2 seconds
    - The "Two-Piecing" outbreak with the shotgun is expect to be remedied by giving players a higher chance of dodging the shot after being meleed
    - If the host quits, only the host will lose exp, not everyone
    - Five new achievements will be added to the list for the DLC that is expected to arrive shortly after the update
    - "Gameplays tweaks will also be made" and as well new glitches that have arisen will be taken care of
    "

Sources: [1] and [2]

All looks pretty good to me, like the idea of the new ranking system.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

The new leveling system sounds much better than the TrueSkill ranking system, good news. I wonder what the DLC will be, more maps probably, I wonder how many.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

Good, good. We move ever closer to removing concussive smoke grenades altogether.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Captain_Fookup

The only thing I want fucking fixed in Gears of War 2 is the fucking standbying and bridging. That will never happen because Epic has been working on Gears of War 3 right after the release of Gears of War 2. Fuck.

youstolemykill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By youstolemykill

Glad to see they are trying to fix the bugs. Just dissapointing they released the game with such major problems.

seram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By seram

Can't wait for Title Update 7 when they're going to remove the smoke grenade's concussive effect entirely.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf
    Seram said:
    "Can't wait for Title Update 7 when they're going to remove the smoke grenade's concussive effect entirely."
    Agreed. Most annoying things ever created.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Yeesss!!
    The rank update thing is soo welcome.
    And when smoke grenades become smoke grenades instead of concussion grenades, I will be pleased.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crunchUK
    End_Boss said:
    "Good, good. We move ever closer to removing concussive smoke grenades altogether."
    just hit that *A* button to DO A BARREL ROLL

I do think the3y should be found in the map though, spawning with them is ok for larger maps and respawn gametypes but for warzone/execution on maps like pavillion it's just silly

also how does the current system work? man if only all ranking systems were as aweosme as halo 3
    Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ma7moud
    Captain_Fookup said:
    "The only thing I want fucking fixed in Gears of War 2 is the fucking standbying and bridging. That will never happen because Epic has been working on Gears of War 3 right after the release of Gears of War 2. Fuck."
    Stanbying will be fixed in the 3rd title update so standbyers won't be able to play the Multiplayer but they didn't mention how.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Karmum

I hope this update will get me back into Gears of War 2.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MKHavoc

I thought I was the only person who still had problem with two-piecing.  Glad they're doing something about it.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crunchUK
    MKHavoc said:
    "I thought I was the only person who still had problem with two-piecing.  Glad they're doing something about it."
    it's quite funny while they attempt to melee you and are floundering helplessly while you're calmly putting bullets inside them with ya hammerburst
    halfameatball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By halfameatball

I can't stand how epic keeps changing their game. It is great that they are fixing the smoke grenades but why do they feel like they have to keep tweaking the shotgun? Leave the thing alone. Jesus, some people will always complain, but it isn't like they can't two piece people also.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By JoelTGM
    End_Boss said:
    "Good, good. We move ever closer to removing concussive smoke grenades altogether."
    They will never admit they totally screwed gears multiplayer and remove those things. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.