Epic Games have announced that they will be releasing a third title update which is aiming at fixing the multiplayer yet again.
"- A new levelling system which will abolish the TrueSkill rank completely. Info on the new system's 100 levels can be found at http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=658236
- Players can only be downed by smoke grenades for a maximum of 2 seconds
- The "Two-Piecing" outbreak with the shotgun is expect to be remedied by giving players a higher chance of dodging the shot after being meleed
- If the host quits, only the host will lose exp, not everyone
- Five new achievements will be added to the list for the DLC that is expected to arrive shortly after the update
- "Gameplays tweaks will also be made" and as well new glitches that have arisen will be taken care of"
Sources:  and 
All looks pretty good to me, like the idea of the new ranking system.