Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Am I the only one?

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Video_Tycoon

My brother got this game as an early birthday present today.  It's a really good game, Hoarde, better achievements, updated graphics and gameplay, but it just doesn't feel like a Gears game.  It may be that I'm still in the first Act, but it just doesn't have that charm that the first game had.  Now it may be like the last Gears game, it kind of grew on me.  I refused to play it at first, but grew to love the campaign.
    Anyone else feel this way?

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Pibo47

Um....i really dont get where you coming from.....so i guess your the only one. :(

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kratos81

No I feel the exact same way, and I loved the first gears. I dont like the way the guns feel when they shoot, I dont know something feels off. I just went trough the Gears1 campain last month for the 10 time so I know its not me. I am almost done with the first act and so far have been dissappointed.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

I don't get it - not only does Gears 2 have more of everything I loved about the first game, it has fewer of the things I didn't like, too.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kratos81
    MB said:
    "I don't get it - not only does Gears 2 have more of everything I loved about the first game, it has fewer of the things I didn't like, too."
    I dont get it either, for some reason its just not doing it for me. I started off on hardcore but I dont see how that would matter, I beat the first on insane a few times . Its to early to make a decision but so far I have enjoyed RE2 more, and I never thought I would ever say that. 
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

The only thing i'd say about Gears 2 that makes it seem like a different entity from the original is how things are less cramped a lot of the time.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Eff, I was looking forward to it. I am getting it for my Birthday on the 20th. I might just see how it is, if it sucks I will play resistance 2 instead.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PharoahCapcom

Best shooter I have ever played.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

LOL  I saw "Am I the only one?" and then the post started with "My brother..." and I automatically thought this was going to have something to do with peanut butter and dog nuts.

That's all.
    PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PharoahCapcom
    jakob187 said:
    "LOL  I saw "Am I the only one?" and then the post started with "My brother..." and I automatically thought this was going to have something to do with peanut butter and dog nuts.
    That's all.
    "
    LMFAO!!!!
    Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mourne

Nope, can't say I agree.

Gears of War 2 is a definitive 5/5 game, and a very worthy sequel to the already superb original.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By GioVANNI

I like the multiplayer set-up more, but the actual multiplayer is way more fun.  Other than that, it's a much better game.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Be sure that you are the only one !!!!

I do not know why you said that  but this game is awesome and sure feels like Gears 1 . in fact it is way better than the first game . 

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By bwooduhs

Yeah i think you might be the only one. It feels like Gears 1 just a lot better.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15  Edited By wefwefasdf
    MB said:
    "I don't get it - not only does Gears 2 have more of everything I loved about the first game, it has fewer of the things I didn't like, too."
    Yeah, they fixed the cover system, less glitches, a more engaging story. I loved it!
    prencher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By prencher

You are suffering from Gears 1 nostalgia and nothing more. Gears 1 is an awesome game, and that won't change just because Gears 2 is out. But it's pretty clear just about everything in Gears 2 has been improved upon, and the campaign is a lot more engaging and cinematic - and the story, boy the story.

Now, having completed the campaign, I did find myself looking back at Gears 1 and thinking about certain moments, how that feel wasn't there in Gears 2.. Every bit of it is down to Gears 1 feeling somewhat more "intimate" because of the smaller, tighter scale. It's a different feel, but overall I would say it's better and more epic in Gears 2, by a lot. And you still get your fair share of the intimate moments in gears 2; The hospital and the facility are two examples.

If you play versus you will see it's very much still Gears and improved in almost every single possible way. My only wish is that they reduce all those load screens.. Spending a minute between maps is retarded, particularly when each step between the loads (which aren't all that fast) requires interaction. Not to mention loading for 5 seconds to show a menu, then load for another 5 to show another menu, all the while cutting out voice is just ridiculous.

That's just my take of course.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By BoG

I'd argue that there aren't enough Gears games to define hwo a Gears game should feel. This is the second title in the series, it will be different then the original.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Clean

It doesn't grind my gears.

Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Wolswor

If you are complaining chances are you were a shotgun-toting fag from Gears 1 or someone who just ran around with the sniper killing everything.  So no, it's fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.