Campaign or straight to online

• 79 results
#1 Posted by YourEvilTwin67 (22 posts) -

im not sure what im going to do first probably go online and get destroyed by grenades stuck to the floor. Hopefully the campaign will be fun :)

#2 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk and friends play through campaign immediately, then we go online to SMASH!

#3 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

Play through campaign, Share my thought on forums and then start playing online.

#4 Posted by KindGalaxy (429 posts) -

Actually want to see if they can explain the ending in Gears 1 well enough so, campaign first.

#5 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

I'm going to go straight online with a bunch of friends. I'll start the campaign the next day.

#6 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

Campaign.

#7 Posted by DorianBlack (311 posts) -

Undecided, I don't really care for the story all that much so maybe multiplayer first. Also would like to enjoy the time without 10 year olds for as long as I can.

#8 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

I'll play the campaign co-op online with a friend. I played Gears 1 first on co-op with a friend and damn that was awesome!

#9 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

I'll be going through the campaign at least once before I go online. Once on normal and then maybe again on w/e the hardest difficulty is.

#10 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

Campaign first

#11 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
Campaign first because i am sure some little cunt will be spouting spoilers about the story and such the like.
#12 Posted by Zalzargahoughanstine (56 posts) -

I always play through the campaign in a game first it's a good warm up for the multiplayer so you don't look like such a noob.

#13 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

Always have to do some campaign first.

#14 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

Start with co-op campaign, finish it on hardcore, then insane, then start online. (not all in one day mind you.)

#15 Posted by L (1681 posts) -

Campaign is my priority.

#16 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

It depends on whether I have some friends to run through the campaign with that night. If not, I will jump right into some multiplayer goodness.

#17 Posted by Gaius (129 posts) -

I'll probably play through the campaign first.  3 of my roommates have 360's as well so we'll probably all co-op it first.  Then, of course, it's right to online.  The game is probably going to be fairly short, longer than Gears 1 but still short, it shouldn't take long to beat it so I won't be to far behind on the learning curve for online.

#18 Posted by Player1 (3871 posts) -

campaign, You have to go to that first

#19 Posted by igpx407 (75 posts) -

Campaign first, probably in co-op mode.

#20 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
igpx407 said:
"Campaign first, probably in co-op mode.
"
I just hope I will have someone to do co-op with. :/
#21 Edited by AutomaticSnake (390 posts) -

Single player only for me. I already had enough with the online of the first game, this one looks too much of the same. I'm not paying for XBLG just to play this online cuz i hardly play my 360. I mostly play on my PS3.

#22 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I dont play much online at all as it is. I doubt I will go online for this game at all, I think I'll be sticking to the campaign.

#23 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Campagn then Straight Online

#24 Posted by YourEvilTwin67 (22 posts) -
c1337us said:
"I dont play much online at all as it is. I doubt I will go online for this game at all, I think I'll be sticking to the campaign.
"
NO ONLINE are you crazy this game should be amazing online  :-0
#25 Posted by Mats (130 posts) -

Campaign first and try to whore some achievement points

#26 Posted by Sylosis (62 posts) -

I'll complete the campaign twice first with two different people, and with at least one of the play throughs on the hardest difficulty, whether it's 'Insane' or not

#27 Posted by Carmel_Chewy (323 posts) -

Campaign first thing on the hardest difficulty.

#28 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

no live so campaign

#29 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -
#30 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
c1337us said:
"I dont play much online at all as it is. I doubt I will go online for this game at all, I think I'll be sticking to the campaign.
"
Blasphemy!
#31 Edited by Riddler (1528 posts) -
c1337us said:
"

they have bots now, so you dont have to be online to play multiplayer
#32 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Riddler said:
"c1337us said:
"

they have bots now, so you dont have to be online to play multiplayer"
Man, Horde mode sounds awesome. With the addition of that and the tweaks made to the multiplayer, I think I'll be spending a lot more time on Gears 2 than the original.(if that's even possible. =p)
#33 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

i will want to play some online whilst everyone is still a n00b... :D

#34 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

campaign atleast once before i go online.

#35 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"i will want to play some online whilst everyone is still a n00b... :D"
I don't think you'll see many noobs playing it until after Christmas. (when most kids get it)
#36 Posted by Aaron89 (95 posts) -
Vlademir said:
"I'll be going through the campaign at least once before I go online. Once on normal and then maybe again on w/e the hardest difficulty is.
"
That's essentially what I do. On the second play through it'll likely be on the hardest difficulty and with a friend.
#37 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -
Definitely to the campaign mode, I must see the new levels Cliff Bleszinski was discussing in various interviews.
#38 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -

Campaign hardcore first level alone or campaign first level insane co-op then online

#39 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

Straight to online.

Campaign can wait.

#40 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -
Ma7moud said:
"Play through campaign, Share my thought on forums and then start playing online.
"
This.
#41 Posted by AcidicVision (38 posts) -

Campaign first. Want to get a grasp on the new mechanics before I jump online. I was also left so unsatisfied with the original gears ending that I want to get some bit of a damn story line.

#42 Posted by Leon31 (125 posts) -

Campaign first, I'll try the online but if it's starts turning into what Gears online is now, I doubt it. I'd rather not deal with idiots again.

#43 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I'll play co-op campaign first, because these types of games I'd rather play campaign with someone else.

#44 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Leon31 said:
"Campaign first, I'll try the online but if it's starts turning into what Gears online is now, I doubt it. I'd rather not deal with idiots again."
You could just mute them or better yet, play with people you know.
#45 Posted by Nemesis (317 posts) -

Campaign by myself, Campaign with my friend afterwards on harder difficulty. Horde 5 player Co op mode. After I am done all that, then I will go online to get my ass kicked.

#46 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Nemesis said:
"Campaign by myself, Campaign with my friend afterwards on harder difficulty. Horde 5 player Co op mode. After I am done all that, then I will go online to get my ass kicked."
That is a positive attitude. :P
#47 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Nemesis said:
"Campaign by myself, Campaign with my friend afterwards on harder difficulty. Horde 5 player Co op mode. After I am done all that, then I will go online to get my ass kicked."
Ah man I forgot all about Horde mode. I guess I'll play that first.
#48 Posted by ZimpanX (420 posts) -

Campaign on Hardcore with a friend.

#49 Posted by Peacemaker (1104 posts) -

I usually always play the campaign first, I may not finish before playing online but I always play it first.

#50 Posted by ajarbuckle (173 posts) -

campaign first...normally I beat the campaign, and then start multiplayer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.