Campaign or straight to online

  • 79 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Edited by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

Campaign with friends first... online later

#52 Edited by KingdomHearts93 (32 posts) -

Campaign because of the hype about the story being better than GoW1's story

#53 Posted by Zebadee (491 posts) -

I always try and get through the single player mode of a game before heading off to online, just my personal preference.

#54 Posted by Otacon (2208 posts) -

Campaign, thats if I have bought a 360 by then, which I probably will have. Second Xbox LIVE account here we come!

#55 Posted by DazbotAthertron (875 posts) -
Hulk said:
"Hulk and friends play through campaign immediately, then we go online to SMASH!
"
Hulk lame.
#56 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
DazbotAthertron said:
"Hulk said:
"Hulk and friends play through campaign immediately, then we go online to SMASH!
"
Hulk lame."
Hulk not lame. Hulk awesome. He at least contributed to the topic.
#57 Posted by DrPepper1990 (530 posts) -

I always play the single player first so I can enjoy the story, then I go obliterate ppl online. OH YEAH!

#58 Posted by Renwood (11 posts) -

Online; I'm looking forward to the campaign, but I've been playing Gears of War 1 in multiplayer since 2006. I'm too ready to jump into new maps and test out the new netcode.

#59 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Renwood said:
"Online; I'm looking forward to the campaign, but I've been playing Gears of War 1 in multiplayer since 2006. I'm too ready to jump into new maps and test out the new netcode."
That is how I feel. Now, if there were two of me...
#60 Posted by Aaron89 (95 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"Renwood said:
"Online; I'm looking forward to the campaign, but I've been playing Gears of War 1 in multiplayer since 2006. I'm too ready to jump into new maps and test out the new netcode."
That is how I feel. Now, if there were two of me..."
Lol, same. I'm just dying to finally play my favourite game with no/minimal lag, in a smooth and consistent experience. It's extremely tempting, but I still have to play the campaign first (at least one or two chapters). Get a feel of all the tweaks, then I can get working on that Seriously 2.0.  ;)
#61 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Aaron89 said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"Renwood said:
"Online; I'm looking forward to the campaign, but I've been playing Gears of War 1 in multiplayer since 2006. I'm too ready to jump into new maps and test out the new netcode."
That is how I feel. Now, if there were two of me..."
Lol, same. I'm just dying to finally play my favourite game with no/minimal lag, in a smooth and consistent experience. It's extremely tempting, but I still have to play the campaign first (at least one or two chapters). Get a feel of all the tweaks, then I can get working on that Seriously 2.0.  ;)"
Technically, playing the campaign is working on your Seriously 2.0. ;-)
#62 Posted by Aaron89 (95 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"Technically, playing the campaign is working on your Seriously 2.0. ;-)"
OMG! How could I forget that it's across everything now!? Too much school work is interfering with my Gears 2 addiction. I must drop out, I say!

Anyway, I still have to play the campaign for a bit -- that's just how I've played every other game. Then I can enjoy the glory of online (or, find out how much of a nuisance those stickied-smoke-concussion grenades are).
#63 Posted by mandeponium (275 posts) -

campaign. I don't have XBL here in college.

#64 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
mandeponium said:
"campaign. I don't have XBL here in college."
I'll pray for you.
#65 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

Campaign
Then tear it up online...

#66 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3150 posts) -

Campaign to re-learn the basics, get the new features down, and practice.

#67 Posted by Link06 (19 posts) -

Campaign first; I've already got three friends ready for a four player cooperative play. I'm getting all the single-player achievements, all possible, first before touching the online play.

#68 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Link06 said:
"Campaign first; I've already got three friends ready for a four player cooperative play. I'm getting all the single-player achievements, all possible, first before touching the online play."
I need to find people to play that are getting it at midnight...
#69 Posted by ParisRobot (29 posts) -
If it wasn't for this article on GR: 
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/why-youre-actually-playing-as-the-bad-guys-in-gears-of-war/a-20080904103347781089

then I would of jumped straight to online and play through campaign later. But now i'm really interested in gears 2 campaign so that's where i'll be heading first.
#70 Posted by idiotic_genius1 (416 posts) -

I will definately play the campaign first and then get addicted to the online multiplayer.

#71 Posted by MKHavoc (1306 posts) -

I'll probably play though the campaign first. I really don't play online that much at all unless I'm with my friends.

#72 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Ill be playing campaing, if its anything like the first, which i hop it is campaing gonna be sooooooooooooo dope.

#73 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Coop campaign mode first.  Save online for later.

#74 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Who wouldn't play campaign first.

#75 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

I'll go through the campaign in co-op first then move onto the MP

#76 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

I'm going to hit Campaign first then head to Online.

#77 Posted by Epic_Hero7 (28 posts) -

Campaign first probably.
I suck at the GoW online so I'll probably avoid it all together for my own safety.

#78 Posted by jhosaphat (212 posts) -

Campaign.......never really played multiplayer. 

#79 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

Probably campaign on one difficulty at least once, then go online.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.