Canals/Mansion Remake, Gold HAMMERBURST, Midnight event and more

#1 Edited by Max_Chill (162 posts) -

Epic is living up to their name...........

First off they are fighting Piracy and used game sales, The remade maps - Gridlock, Subway, Canals, Mansion, and Tyro Station - will be available to download off the XBLM day one of release FOR FREE, but ONLY to those who purchase a new copy of the game with a redemption code......used game buyers who feed gamestop, TOO BAD

And the rumor is that all who attend Gears 2 midnight launch events will receive a redemption code to unlock an in-game gold plated Hammerburst. (not the special edition Lancer, the locust gun)

and heres an interview with Young Clifford, http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=15086
some embed it if you can

#2 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

That sounds awesome.

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

OH, YAY!  REHASHED MAPS!

If I was gonna purchase this game...then I wouldn't care about remade maps.
#4 Edited by Max_Chill (162 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"OH, YAY!  REHASHED MAPS!
"
Wow, people find ways to Bitch about even free maps????
If you were not gonna purchase the game, DONT REPLY TO TOPICS ABOUT IT
#5 Edited by Hitzel (93 posts) -

While I'm really happy about this, I can see the maps being a problem for sites like Gamebattles.  Using the DLC maps could cause problems when people don't have them, as it's always been a pain in the past.

#6 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

I think that is false. I hope it is becuase remember what happened with Bad Company? Unlock codes are a bitch. Plus isn't Gridlock already remade and confirmed to ship with Gears of War 2?

#7 Posted by Prime20 (168 posts) -

If its false, oh well.
If its not, yay free maps and golden hammerburst.

But the thing thats a-tickilin my facny is that if there is more than one golden weapon who's to say that all the weapons are not gold plated?
Maybe when you get the achievement's for each weapon it unlocks the golden version ala Call of Duty 4?
Interesting.....very interesting.

#8 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Max_Chill said:
"Epic is living up to their name...........
First off they are fighting Piracy and used game sales, The remade maps - Gridlock, Subway, Canals, Mansion, and Tyro Station - will be available to download off the XBLM day one of release FOR FREE, but ONLY to those who purchase a new copy of the game with a redemption code......used game buyers who feed gamestop, TOO BAD

And the rumor is that all who attend Gears 2 midnight launch events will receive a redemption code to unlock an in-game gold plated Hammerburst. (not the special edition Lancer, the locust gun)

and heres an interview with Young Clifford, http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=15086
some embed it if you can

"
Woah! Canals, Mansion and Tyro Station are being remade?! Awesome.
#9 Posted by Max_Chill (162 posts) -
Prime20 said:
"If its false, oh well.
If its not, yay free maps and golden hammerburst.

But the thing thats a-tickilin my facny is that if there is more than one golden weapon who's to say that all the weapons are not gold plated?
Maybe when you get the achievement's for each weapon it unlocks the golden version ala Call of Duty 4?
Interesting.....very interesting."
that would be awesome, Golden Torque Bow or a Huge 24k BoomShot anyone?
#10 Edited by Aaron89 (95 posts) -

This is just a rumour - a huge rumour. Happy about canals, but where's my Fuel Depot? I know so many people that love that map. Should've swapped it with Tyro Station, to be honest. Also, if the gold lancer + hammerburst are unlockable without the limited edition -- I'm downgrading my preorder. No need for all the extra stuff ...

EDIT: This is slightly off-topic, but if any of you haven't seen the "Enemies" ViDoc, go and see it -- it's awesome. Didn't want to make yet another thread on this forum for it. Enjoy.

#11 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

Mansion? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Wheres Fuel Depot? fuck mansion.

#12 Posted by Prime20 (168 posts) -
Subway said:
"Mansion? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Wheres Fuel Depot? fuck mansion."
Shut yo mouth!
If its like our article says and the weapons are randomly spawning maybe the map will actually be fun since it wont be a rush to the god damned boomshot.
#13 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Aaron89 said:
"This is just a rumour - a huge rumour. Happy about canals, but where's my Fuel Depot? I know so many people that love that map. Should've swapped it with Tyro Station, to be honest. Also, if the gold lancer + hammerburst are unlockable without the limited edition -- I'm downgrading my preorder. No need for all the extra stuff ...

EDIT: This is slightly off-topic, but if any of you haven't seen the "Enemies" ViDoc, go and see it -- it's awesome. Didn't want to make yet another thread on this forum for it. Enjoy."
Yeah I would have preferred Fuel Depot over Tyro Station but I'm still content.
#14 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Add Fuel Depot and War Machine to that and it would have been ideal for Hulk.

#15 Posted by Thunder (390 posts) -

I hope War Machine gets remade too but i cant wait for this game

#16 Posted by HistoryInRust (6215 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"OH, YAY!  REHASHED MAPS!
"
What is it with new members and douchebaggery? 

I'm totally stoked for Mansion.  It was my favorite map in the original game. 

<3 Epic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.