Did anyone else find the driveing sequence in the last game bad?

• 66 results
#1 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

So did anyoone else hate that part where you were driving the junker? That was just horrible by your self, I hope the new vehicler parts of the game are better than the previous one. x_x

#2 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

eh, it wasn't too bad, plus it was pretty short.

#3 Posted by Player1 (3852 posts) -

Ya it was short, but by far my least favorite part of the game. If you didnt have that crappy battery meter it would be ok...but it was tought to conserve life and battery. But I do like how gears changed it up.

And the driving in this game will be insane...brumack ftw

#4 Posted by Stingray (7 posts) -

I just didn't like the nightfall chapter in general; i prefer to be shooting locust not running from stupid bats

#5 Posted by Brucie (129 posts) -

Doing this on Insane was a pain in the ass

#6 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

Yeah, it really threw me a curve ball, didn't like it at all

#7 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

It was really bad and surprisingly  its the hardest part in the game when you play it on insane.

#8 Posted by sizu (391 posts) -

Yeah, it didn't feel right.  Didn't really enjoy that part of the game.

#9 Posted by Wolverine (4280 posts) -

Yeah I thought that part was the low part of the game, I hope the new vehicles are more fun.

#10 Posted by Shadow2K6 (381 posts) -
Brucie said:
"Doing this on Insane was a pain in the ass"

So True.  It took forever to beat it on insane.
#11 Posted by Agent4822 (1 posts) -
Shadow2K6 said:
"Brucie said:
"Doing this on Insane was a pain in the ass"

So True.  It took forever to beat it on insane.
"
Yes, my friend and I spent a weekend playing through insane on co-op and the driving sequence made me want to cry.
#12 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

The driving sequence for me is the one black mark on Gears 1. It's pretty much just an annoyance, given that coordinating the driving/shooting function is haphazard at best, I simply didn't see the point. My insane run stopped there as well...

But let's face it, the whole nightfall thing totally ripped off Pitch Black... not that that's a bad thing..
#13 Posted by AtomicEdge (305 posts) -

Yeah it was pretty hard on Insane, we got stuck there for a while...

#14 Posted by MutenMiller (215 posts) -

It was pretty dumb, for sure. Really boring (at least on casual) just stopping every five seconds to disintegrate some bats. And sometimes the guy would call out "6 O'clock!!" way after they already attacked. That's always awesome. Good thing it was only a few minutes! :D

#15 Posted by nickyvegas (110 posts) -

They did so many things in that game well that the driving felt off.

#16 Posted by TheSnakeOfWar (72 posts) -

What the Junker was easy to do on insane wheter co-op or single player. Let the Kryll chase ya then blast them from behind

The worst part in that game Was Act 5 Scene 2 on insane when your on the train and you had to blast the nemesis from the top. That made me cry on how diffcult that was and i was on my own. Nemsis ripping you to shreads and those damn ass torque bows

#17 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
TheSnakeOfWar said:
"What the Junker was easy to do on insane wheter co-op or single player. Let the Kryll chase ya then blast them from behind

The worst part in that game Was Act 5 Scene 2 on insane when your on the train and you had to blast the nemesis from the top. That made me cry on how diffcult that was and i was on my own. Nemsis ripping you to shreads and those damn ass torque bows"
You mean Reavers, Nemecyst are the kamikazeers
The driving section felt like one of those last-minute things, to make the game feel epic.
#18 Posted by Eonkid (17 posts) -
Stingray said:
"I just didn't like the nightfall chapter in general; i prefer to be shooting locust not running from stupid bats
"
Amen. But the driving was not all that bad, I just hated it cuz i died -_-

#19 Posted by Bluemouth (36 posts) -

It was lame.

In fact, while the game is awesome, the second and third acts didn't really do it for me. It wasn't until Act 4 that I was living up the experience.

#20 Posted by Roybot (34 posts) -

I'm guessing they wanted to take the on foot "stop and pop" concept to the vehicles in the game, neat idea maybe but the execution left  A LOT to wish for.
Why not make a really bad ass driving sequence with a cannon thats able to fire even though the vehicle is moving.  

#21 Posted by Shadz (198 posts) -

I'd rather just kill shit on foot.

#22 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

It wasn't as fun as the other sections of the game, but definitely not bad.

Also, shouldn't this be in the "Gears of War" forum, not the "Gears of War 2" forum?

#24 Posted by youstolemykill (79 posts) -

The driving sequence was not that great, it switched it up, but usually in driving sequences, it is good to let the player loose a bit, give them some extra health and let them blow off some steam. That battery meter got really annoying.

#25 Posted by TimeWaffle (944 posts) -

they probably should have made it a cutscene 

#26 Posted by Djrocks (93 posts) -

It wasn't that bad to be honest. It just wasn't that good. I junk think they should have just taken it out.

#27 Posted by ChaosTony (102 posts) -

I remember a couple of my friends being stuck on that level for days...good times

#28 Posted by Bladefire (214 posts) -

On insane it's really annoying because it's just memorizing where they come from the whole time.

#29 Posted by steve316 (102 posts) -

it wasnt to bad i just hated how you couldnt shoot and drive at the same time

#30 Posted by Nemesis (317 posts) -

On insane it is really annoying. I really hated the driving sequence, hopefully they actually put in a good driving sequence, or not one at all.

#31 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

It wasn't that bad but I never actually did it by myself.

#32 Edited by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

The steve316 said:

"it wasnt to bad i just hated how you couldnt shoot and drive at the same time
"
I personally don't think that it was a bad thing at all, the strategy that you had to use in that phase of the game when you were playing was phenominal. Although it did take myself and a fellow player about 45 minutes to pass that point in the game (in insane) i beleive that it was worth while (When i originally played it in the normal difficulty setting it was extremely fun).

The driving mechanics and physics were fairly smooth, the idea that they came up with was touching on a new idea which no-one has really tried before, so i say hats off to them.

#33 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

I thought it was horrible

#34 Posted by NotaStalker (172 posts) -

The driving section was definately the worst part. But it did break up the gameplay a little. hopefully they do it better next time. MOAR FUN, LESS GUN!

#35 Posted by Charles (90 posts) -

I didn't really have a problem with it, but I wonder what it will be like when your riding a Brumack

#36 Posted by Tanuki (275 posts) -

Yeah, I'd say it was pretty sad.  I'm not quite sure why they bothered to even throw it in there considering how short it was.  I thought the controls for it were pretty terrible too.  But fortunately it was just a small fraction of the game.  

#37 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

I really hated it on Insane. I hope there are no vehicular parts in 2.

#38 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -

yes, i found it a pain in the ass. it wasnt fun plus it took me couple trys

#39 Posted by Jensonb (1722 posts) -

I thought everyone thought they were totally retarded.

#40 Posted by Urbanfool (6 posts) -

Personally i did nt mind it too much. I mean it wasn't anything amazing but it did act as a nice break. Making GoW not feel like just another run and shoot game.

#41 Posted by FengShuiGod (1478 posts) -

Yeah, the driving sequence in GeoW seemed arbitrary, out of place, and the controls were clunky at best. I would have liked the driving sequence to have been racing away from the Brumak later in the game instead.

#42 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

It could have been a lot better.  I think it was poorly executed.

#43 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

I think the overall sequence would have been better, if say another COG (AI) was driving while you were using the turret. That would have made it so much more awesome.

#44 Posted by I_DeviChild_I (2 posts) -

yep i found it bad,just hope thay sort it out in the new game.

#45 Posted by GumbieuK (120 posts) -

YES!!!! i absolutley hated that, but then again i hated the entire level. Please please please do not ever put anything like that in again!

#46 Posted by Sean (15 posts) -

It was the weakest part of the game, especially frustrating on Insane difficulty. Thankfully the sequence was only around 3 minutes long. 

The trick is to let all the bats gather behind you and then use the UV light to burn them all at once. It is easier to just let the driver do most of the work, that way you get through it faster (not stopping) and have less chance to screw up. 
#47 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk not hate it.  But Hulk think it easily the worst part of the game.

#48 Posted by JJGIANT (755 posts) -

for me it was the worst part of the game, just really boring and the ehicle itself controlled like crap

#49 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

It was alright

#50 Edited by YourEvilTwin67 (22 posts) -

you do know that you can get through the entire thing without shooting the im not sure what to call it the floodlight
left ya dumskull lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.