Does the mature content filter work?

#1 Posted by SilverShadow (187 posts) -

I'm looking to buy this game and my wife and I watch our nieces and nephews fairly regularly. So I really don't want them to see a whole bunch of blood and gore if I can help it when I am playing GOW2. So I was wondering if the mature content filter works, what does it edit, and is it fairly easy to turn on and off?

#2 Edited by Unreal_dro (277 posts) -

You see Sparks instead of Blood.

Bodies Fly back like Ragdolls instead of breaking into chunks of meat

Heads dont explode, the locust just fall to the ground

and you can also turn the language off
#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Just wondering, when you turn the language off, does it get replaced with stuff like 'heck' and other useless words or do they just skip that line?

#4 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"Just wondering, when you turn the language off, does it get replaced with stuff like 'heck' and other useless words or do they just skip that line?"
I think they re-did the script but I don't know how that works out.
#5 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Haha, I gotta try turning the filter on just to see how funny it looks to chainsaw a dude in half.

#6 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

The filter works great! It's the only way my parents would let me buy the game. (They have the problem, not me. I'm 16 and attending college).

There's two separate options.

One to turn of strong language. (The swear worlds are replaced with silence).

And the other one turns off the gore. (No blood or dismemberment what soever, the bodies just end up as normal ragdolls).

#7 Edited by lamegame621 (975 posts) -

"They have the problem, not me. I'm 16 and attending college"

lol i laughed so hard at this.

#8 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Or you could just not play Gears of War 2 in front of your nieces and nephews. Your pick.

#9 Edited by HistoryInRust (6275 posts) -
#10 Posted by brundlefly (70 posts) -

^^Ha!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.