Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Does this game freeze anyone's 360?

DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DorianBlack

Because mine freezes anytime I play it. I will be able to play for a while with no problems then it will freeze and continue to freeze every time I turn it on again. After a while it will work again then start on the same trend, it makes me nuts. I put other games to the test and they all work fine, so it's just Gears 2. Does it happen to anyone else? I'd hate this to be an isolated problem and a possible sign that my 360 is dieing. I don't even own the game yet I was using a friend's so I'm kind of reluctant to even buy it if it's going to do this crap.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By napalm

That's definitely your console. Gears Of War 2 is absolutely fine.

Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Wolswor

Damit, why the hell do people still ask this question?  Yeah, they made your one disc explode the console.  Your console is either dieing or  the disc is scratched.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By GioVANNI

My 360 overheats with all games.  :|

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By daniel_beck_90

after playing Gears Of War 2 for approximately  65 hours I have not encountered with any freezing at all

Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Prime20
    Ossi said:
    "I'm almost done the game and strangely enough my game is starting to get reoccurring disc read errors. I smell a Red Ring in about 1 week for me."
    Same exact things happening to mine.
    Oh well, 360 number 2 you served me well.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

For the most part, if you're games keep freezing, your console is on its last legs and near a red ring. It's surely not the disc. And if you keep getting a disc read error, then you're disc drive or laser reader is messed up. 360 performance is wildly unpredictable.

Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Unreal_dro

Nope.

Played through the whole story in co-op. not a single hitch
    Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Prime20

Quick update, as i was saying before i was experiencing Disc read errors, on the odd part it was only when trying to play multiplayer.

It would quit loading the graphics, give me the error message, then bounce me to the dashboard.

One quick trip, explanation to the Gamespot clerk, and disc swap later i dont have the problem any more. Even whe nGears 2 was giving me the problem everything else i was playing (Far Cry 2, Fable 2, Saints Row, etc) wouldn't give me any trouble. So i took a chance and just swapped the disk to see if its actually my system.

So far everythigns been working but KairuDeLarge, you may want to give this a shot. Could save you a little bit of hassle.

DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DorianBlack
    Prime20 said:
    "So far everythigns been working but KairuDeLarge, you may want to give this a shot. Could save you a little bit of hassle."
    I'm getting paid tomorrow and hopefully will get to buy my own disc of Gears2, hopefully this one will fare better for me.
    DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DorianBlack

It's still doing it even with my new disc, I just froze during a multiplayer game 2 minutes ago. This is so shitty, and now I get a disc read error a lot. If my 360 is going to break then just break already! At least that way I can do something about it and have it fixed and borrow my girlfriend's box until then.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Bennyishere

Doesn't freeze on me neither.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By kush

It doesn't freeze on me, but in the beginning the cut-scenes did stutter for me.

KennyTheSober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KennyTheSober

Ive had it freeze on the main menu before you press start when receiving invites or using the xbox guide.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.