Dom's wife?

#1 Posted by Shadz (199 posts) -

I've heard Cliff and other people working on Gears 2 say something along the lines of "You'll be able to do things you didn't think were possible in the Gears Universe."
I think it was on Gametrailers or something, but anyway this got me thinking.. For some reason, I don't really know why or how.. I'm kind of thinking Dom's wife is actually the locust queen, and you'll eventually have to fight her.  Anyone else think this could be a possibility? or is that just stupid?

#2 Posted by Player1 (3891 posts) -

really stupid...theres a picture of her out you know? shes a real person. Look up a picture of the limited edition. And you get a picture of dom and his wife. Presumably the picture Dom keeps looking at during the game. She doesnt look like a locust...but that would be a hell of a twist

#3 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

no i don't think she's the locust queen but I think that Dom will die and she'll join Marcus in Delta squad. I'd say that after that Marcus and her fall in love but that's too sappy for Gears

#4 Posted by Shadz (199 posts) -
Player1 said:
"

really stupid...theres a picture of her out you know? shes a real person. Look up a picture of the limited edition. And you get a picture of dom and his wife. Presumably the picture Dom keeps looking at during the game. She doesnt look like a locust...but that would be a hell of a twist

"
I know she's a human, but thats what I'm saying, could it possibly be a twist?

#5 Posted by Charles (90 posts) -

I don't see his wife being the loscust queen, but that would be crazy if she was. Not even sure I would like that though.

#6 Posted by TheSnakeOfWar (72 posts) -

SPOILER

I would be Suprised if she is the locust queen  However Its just not happening there a gears of war movie script going around the internet that tells the story of when the locust  first attacked the planet and she died in the hospital as dom children were stolen by the locusts through the emergence hole

#7 Posted by elektrixx (311 posts) -

Riding a Brumak is probably one of the things they were actually talking about.

#8 Posted by Player1 (3891 posts) -

You guys think! Wouldnt the Locust Queen acually be a Locust???? Idk im just saying, they dont seem like the type of creatures that would let a human rule them.

Also since when is Dom's wife going to be in delta squad. Does she take steriods too? haha

#9 Posted by RVonE (4687 posts) -
elektrixxx said:
"Riding a Brumak is probably one of the things they were actually talking about.
"
Yeah, that sounds more realistic. Also, I reckon you'll get to fight actual hordes of locust.
#10 Posted by Kournelle (111 posts) -

thats exactly what they were atlking bout...if you watch the gameplay at the conference, they said the only way to beat em was to ride em (Brumak), so no Dom's wife isnt the Locust Queen

#11 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Thats unlikely

#12 Posted by joshuapohl (43 posts) -

That would be the worst twist I could think of. haha

#13 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -
joshuapohl said:
"That would be the worst twist I could think of. haha
"
What if Dom was the locust queen and he came up maria as a way to hide his/her identity?
#14 Posted by BlackCoffee (81 posts) -

no its just you being stupid < meant in the nicest possible way (Y)

#15 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk highly doubt that is anywhere near remotely true.

#16 Posted by pause422 (6219 posts) -

I'm all for Gears 2,trust me. Really looking forward to it,but all the shit i've heard from Cliff and Epic recently about them trying to make this a "Emotional, story,about loss,and retribution" filled in with the downright fun and gruesome gameplay... I really just don't think I like that. Gears isn't about some emotional epic storyline like some fucking CW Drama,I really hope it doesn't turn out that way.

#17 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I imagine the locust queen looks like one of the locusts. Unless they have morphing powers, I would never even think that Dom's wife would be the locust queen... That's kind of disturbing. :/

I imagine the story will be more like she's been kidnapped and Dom is searching for her. I think it will definitely give Dom some more depth as a character. I think they'll have a good balance with the gameplay while adding more story. I don't think it will turn into a really bad drama.

#18 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

Or you'll get to BE the Locust.

#19 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

End of Gears 2  it revealed that Locust fleeing center of earth from bigger threat.  Threat finally reach surface.  COG and Locust team up to combat it in Gears 3.

Puny humans heard it here first from Hulk.

#20 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

That would be a pretty crazy twist but it probably won't happen.

#21 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk think it would be funny to hear forum nerds scream.  "OMG RIPPING OFF HALO OMGZ!!11"

#22 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Lmao

#23 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

stupid, she's probably really hot though.

#24 Posted by Carmel_Chewy (323 posts) -

I don't see that happening >_>

#25 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

actually... that would be a twist to rival KOTOR and bioshock. it would totally make the single p;layer

#26 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

.....is hawt

#27 Posted by vitriolboy (55 posts) -
Shadz said:
"I've heard Cliff and other people working on Gears 2 say something along the lines of "You'll be able to do things you didn't think were possible in the Gears Universe."
I think it was on Gametrailers or something, but anyway this got me thinking.. For some reason, I don't really know why or how.. I'm kind of thinking Dom's wife is actually the locust queen, and you'll eventually have to fight her.  Anyone else think this could be a possibility? or is that just stupid?

"
Yes Gears 2 will be a tragic love story about 2 people from the opposite sides of the tracks.  Can a soldier and a Locust queen find true love?
#28 Posted by pause422 (6219 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"actually... that would be a twist to rival KOTOR and bioshock. it would totally make the single p;layer"
not when its been done already twice in a good way, it happening in gears just wouldn't be shocking at all, or interesting in any way.(even though this event definitely isn't happening.)
#29 Posted by ajarbuckle (173 posts) -
Shadz said:
"I've heard Cliff and other people working on Gears 2 say something along the lines of "You'll be able to do things you didn't think were possible in the Gears Universe."

"
that would be really cool
#30 Posted by Weltal (2274 posts) -

Dom has a wife?! And it isn't Marcus?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.